Pioneer KRP500A vs Samsung UE46 vs Panasonic PZ800

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by RobinGill, Jun 11, 2009.

1. RobinGill

RobinGill
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone.

I've been stuck pondering this for a few weeks so I thought you lot would be the best people to ask.

Unfortunately we need a big tv now, as our toshiba rptv has finally died after many years of hard service.

My shortlist is this with the following reasoning. Only problem is I've never been able to see all 3 together to make my mind up.

Pioneer: Best of the best plasmas and they won't be making them anymore. So I suppose that will be the pinnacle of domestic plasmas for a while still.

Panasonic: Solid decent performance at a reasonable price.

Samsung: Saw an led telly in a shop and was amazed by sharpness of picture.

I suppose one unusual requirement is that as well as playing hdtv, blu rays and hd content from pc, my mum watches a lot of the asian channels on sky and the quality of those sometimes is pretty poor.

I keep changing my mind every couple of days and I'm not really getting anywhere so any thoughts would be appreciated. (Also before anyone starts talking about oled, I know I will probably be putting this telly in the bedroom in around 2-3 years then getting oled for the sitting room).

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  2. Jay

Jay
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    The Pioneer is arguably the better set of the three you mentioned, if cost isn't an issue which it doesn't seem to be considering the other two sets you mentioned, I would personally go for the Pioneer.

3. Monarch

Monarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,143
    +1, or some of the very high end Panasonics which arguably hold advantages against the Pioneer. The SD performance on the Pioneer is very good though, which should help with the dodgy sky channels. You're right to be getting a new set before OLED comes in, it'll be a long while before we see one this size, never mind at a "reasonable" (by which I mean a few grand!) price

4. rewerb

rewerb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +639
    The PZ800 is last years model, though you may still find some around. Current model is the P50V10. See excellent review on this site.

Pioneers are in short supply, so you may difficulty getting them.