Pioneer KRP500A help needed

Mr Miaowgi

Hi everyone

last night I noticed one the pixels in my KRP500A has gone bright pink. Does this mean this pixel is ruined? It is only one but I love this TV so much I would hate to think a problem is on its way or anything.

I got a 5 year warrranty with it when I purchased it but I wouldnt know how serious this is or whether Pioneer could actually do anything about it.

I dont want to lose my telly.

Kev12

Hi everyone

last night I noticed one the pixels in my KRP500A has gone bright pink. Does this mean this pixel is ruined? It is only one but I love this TV so much I would hate to think a problem is on its way or anything.

I got a 5 year warrranty with it when I purchased it but I wouldnt know how serious this is or whether Pioneer could actually do anything about it.

I dont want to lose my telly.
I've got one thats a pale blue, its totally invisible from the veiwing distance.
I highly doubt that Pioneer would do anything about one stuck pixel, its in their terms in the manual that its a by-product of plasma tech, and NOT covered by warranty.

If you can't see it from your seat I wouldn't worry, in time you'll almost forget its there.

Mr Miaowgi

Thanks Kev. I take it having one is not a sign that others will start to follow suit then?

Will performing a screen wipe using that special function in the setup menu help it clear or is that pixel gone now for good?

Kev12

Thanks Kev. I take it having one is not a sign that others will start to follow suit then?

Will performing a screen wipe using that special function in the setup menu help it clear or is that pixel gone now for good?
I doubt it. I've had my screen nearly 2 years now, the stuck pixel appeared after about three months, there aint been any more.
The black/white wash doesn't help, it won't do any harm to try it though.
I've heard of some people tapping the screen lightly on the affected pixel to try and free it.

Chelsea_Fan

On the 9G TVs Pioneer introduced some extra diagnostic commands for the TV (via the RS-232 interface)

These are NOT service/factory mode commands so you don't need to access service mode to make these commands 'active'

These commands are there to help initial diagnosis of dead areas or lines of pixels etc on the panel before deciding how serious the fault is.

This helps define if the fault is on the panel or the electronics that drive it.

Basically all it does is perform a low level 'mirror' or 'rotate' or 'invert' of the panel data.

If the problem stays in the same place on the panel then it is a panel problem. If it moves then there are other commands that can help track down where the problem lies (scan ICs or further back)

Obviously you only have one dead pixel so you are probably not that worried but you might be able to see if it is dead on the panel or dead on the driver boards instead.

By the way, the diagnostic commands are designed to be temporary so there's no chance of your TV image staying mirrored or upside down forever :rotfl:

You can either put it back with a the right command or simply power cycle the TV via the standby function to restore it to normal operation.

The commands are:
MIRS00 MIR Mirror display mode: OFF
MIRS01 Mirror display mode: Right and left inversion
MIRS02 Mirror display mode: Top and bottom inversion
MIRS03 Mirror display mode: Top and bottom and right and left inversion

There is also a procedure for minimising the qty of lazy/dead pixels in the service manual but I doubt it would be wise to let a service engineer attempt this kind of venture for just one pixel.

Last edited:

Maki

My LX5090 has a magenta stuck pixel. Very miffed at first but as Kev12 says you soon forget it is there.

Trending threads

Top Bottom