Pioneer KRP-A Owners Thread - Part 7

Hi Generalgizmo

Thanks for the post. Im still struggling. Is it the main enter button on the remote? Nothing happens when i press it. Can’t scroll through any menus

Not sure if you’ve got a service remote so i’ve photographed mine.

Any ideas mate?

Attachments

• B397D6EB-9B2C-449F-88C2-C24CAC58E3D4.jpeg
    B397D6EB-9B2C-449F-88C2-C24CAC58E3D4.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 80
Hi Generalgizmo

This is where i get to after pressing mute.

Attachments

• 25325287-69D2-4197-B03F-E21B19FA2C75.jpeg
    25325287-69D2-4197-B03F-E21B19FA2C75.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
Sussed it, I need to use my main remote to scroll through 👍🏻

Oh ok was bout to reply.. I only use the logitech to get the screen up then use kuro remote from there...

Over 15.5K hours on it 👍🏻

Attachments

• A6BB73FB-1671-41F9-8B5E-0B73B110619E.jpeg
    A6BB73FB-1671-41F9-8B5E-0B73B110619E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
Thanks again for the help generalgizmo

Now I need to resist with the voltage adjustments again! 😄

I bought my KRP600 already voltage adjusted to get rid of the red tint (off ******** - if you remember him!). It does have some small purple pixel misfires - but only in certain conditions so it rarely shows. I have lived with it for the last 6 years as it rarely manifests itself in real world content.

I bought the service remote to experiment with the voltages a few years ago, after seeing all the talk on Avforums, but I could never really get it any better without other side effects. I ended up putting it back to the settings it arrived with. I think RSTP is the only one adjusted down to 006. All others are pretty standard.

I spent weeks adjusting things, so I had my use out of the remote and thought I'd lost it in a house move.

I still love the picture it puts out. Just seems more natural than anything else I've seen, but the 65" Panny OLED's are really tempting me!

I bought my KRP600 already voltage adjusted to get rid of the red tint (off ******** - if you remember him!). It does have some small purple pixel misfires - but only in certain conditions so it rarely shows. I have lived with it for the last 6 years as it rarely manifests itself in real world content.

I bought the service remote to experiment with the voltages a few years ago, after seeing all the talk on Avforums, but I could never really get it any better without other side effects. I ended up putting it back to the settings it arrived with. I think RSTP is the only one adjusted down to 006. All others are pretty standard.

I spent weeks adjusting things, so I had my use out of the remote and thought I'd lost it in a house move.

I still love the picture it puts out. Just seems more natural than anything else I've seen, but the 65" Panny OLED's are really tempting me!

Seems bit early to have red tint prior if you've owned it for 6yrs.. I had red tint on my 5090 which I bought new after a few yrs.. so got a 2nd hand krp500 to test it on as I'd spent around 2.5k on my TV.. the krp500 was riddled 18k hrs on it prob reason they sold it but after I adjusted it was the best picture I had ever seen.. went to a krp600 had the impact but not as black as the 500.. then I saw the Panasonic ez952 oled .. wanted to keep the 600 but too big to go anywhere else in the house.. so kept my 5090 11yrs and still great.. blacker than my 600 was too and got a Panasonic oled for my den in 55 as moved everything round so sit 7ft from the screen..
Day to day viewing the kuro is hard to beat even with full HD bluray... a good bluray is great on the Panasonic but, poor conversion grainy looking films are easier on the eye with the kuro..
Then there is the 4khdr... amazing kuro looking cinematic picture but brighter, puncher and more detailed...different league completely... even my wife said wow and her jaw hit the floor when I put on opening credits to spiderman home coming..she turned her nose up at anything which wasnt a pioneer.. I had never used mine for TV just films. But a customer I do alot of decorating for got the last fz802 in a 65 inch after my recommendation he had a 40inch Samsung led prior..
His wife shakes her head but laughs now when we talk TVs.. she got over the initial shock of seeing a TV that big when she got home.. a few tweaks here and there, then pro mode, max frame off and football etc looked great..
I'd only go Panasonic oled if it was movies and 4khdr was going to play a big part... if standard TV etc best keep the kuro till it dies..
But damn them new pannies are something else..!!

I started off with a 5090H but it developed the red tint. I noticed it after 3 years of ownership. It drove me mad once I’d spotted it. I got fobbed off by Pioneer - it’s meant to do that blah, blah, blah.

Then I bought B*mtious’ KRP600A off him back in 2012 (or was it it 2013?) and I have loved it ever since. The set was 5 years old when I bought it so not surprised it had the red tint problem. I’ve never had to put up with it on the KRP because of the voltage adjustment. Just occasional purple misfires if the screen has been black for a long time.

The picture is still fab to me. I like watching films in batcave conditions and so my contrast is fairly low on my ISF Night settings. Ive actually been worried in case I find the picture on the new OLED’s too bright!

I have seen 4 kuro’s properly including a KRP600M and all have had the red tint (are there any that don’t?).

I need to borrow a Panny OLED for the weekend! 😄

I started off with a 5090H but it developed the red tint. I noticed it after 3 years of ownership. It drove me mad once I’d spotted it. I got fobbed off by Pioneer - it’s meant to do that blah, blah, blah.

Then I bought B*mtious’ KRP600A off him back in 2012 (or was it it 2013?) and I have loved it ever since. The set was 5 years old when I bought it so not surprised it had the red tint problem. I’ve never had to put up with it on the KRP because of the voltage adjustment. Just occasional purple misfires if the screen has been black for a long time.

The picture is still fab to me. I like watching films in batcave conditions and so my contrast is fairly low on my ISF Night settings. Ive actually been worried in case I find the picture on the new OLED’s too bright!

I have seen 4 kuro’s properly including a KRP600M and all have had the red tint (are there any that don’t?).

I need to borrow a Panny OLED for the weekend! 😄

I too was fobbed off by pioneer which led me onto these forums.. now it's working great.. try a Panasonic in RS like I did in their demo room and ho through all the settings just like a plasma.. I watch in a batcave and yes it's very bright but that can be adjusted.. brightness bit like an led but bottomless blacks..

Hi Generalgizmo

Thanks for the post. Im still struggling. Is it the main enter button on the remote? Nothing happens when i press it. Can’t scroll through any menus

Not sure if you’ve got a service remote so i’ve photographed mine.

Any ideas mate?
Hi just wondered where you got the service remote from? Would be handy to have to check the hours and adjust settings etc.
Last time I checked mine I used a serial cable I think but was it tricky to do with the panel wall mounted and it weighing 50kgs!

Hi just wondered where you got the service remote from? Would be handy to have to check the hours and adjust settings etc.
Last time I checked mine I used a serial cable I think but was it tricky to do with the panel wall mounted and it weighing 50kgs!

I got a logitech remote from Ebay I think as had a touch screen version but found it too delicate/sensitive as was switching players etc off as builder hands etc lol.. then down loaded the code etc.. via logitech can imagine remembered lifting my krp600 on my own.. was a beast.. if you're not too far away could lend you mine..

i would still lower rstp to 1

Hi Buzz Light-click

From memory I ordered it off amazon believe it or not! It cost just under £100. I have a feeling that they are even harder to get hold of now. I think I've seen them on Ebay though. It is a GGF1589

Hi Middleweight - I did lower RSTP even further but it increased the pixel misfire and recovery time so left as is on 006. Any ideas what RSTP actually is?

I tweaked my 500A to 08 on RSTP, before tweaks it was at 28 I think. At 08 I cant see red tint, maybe beacuse it only has 7K hours on it? Would you still recommand going to 01?

stock rstp is 18, rstp raises as you gain hours and the tint appears, if you can't see red tint leave it

Did we ever get to the bottom of what cuased the red tint?

Did we ever get to the bottom of what cuased the red tint?

Aggressive ageing algorithms and RSTP are my best guesses, but no one knows for sure.

I had two LX5090s that had green sparkles after a reset, and raising RSTP cleared them, but it also brought back the red tint if raised too high, so I think RSTP is linked to the ageing algorithms.

The ageing algorithms are a bit weird. My second LX5090 was reset by the previous owner and already had red tint on it with 2000 hours. 2000 hours is not that long really. If it took 10-15k hours to get red tint the first time, you would expect to get similar hours again after a reset, so it's almost like the damage is already done with aged panels.

Do people get the same hours after each reset before the red tint comes back? Or does it go down after each successive reset? 3000, 2800, 2600 etc?

I remember my 5090 from new and my 2nd hand krp500 had red tint and I didnt even attempt a reset just dropped sad to about 95 on my 5090 no problems and my krp500 I fiddled with and found dropping sad did the same as each individual s1 s3 etc as read on an American site to drop each evenly spaced out.. the time I saw black rain etc was when voltages were dropped too low.. getting black lag and image retention.. my krp600 which had 8.5k hrs on I got green sparkles going near 100 as still relatively young and realized it wasnt to go as black as the smaller panels... some of the problems are people trying to get OLED blacks but lose detail in shadow and other problems... as long as no red tint is all that matters.. I did however go OLED.. Panasonic in one room as it resembles the kuro in cinematic picture but brighter and more detailed.. I love my kuro but have no regrets on going oled

Hey all

Any suggestions if i'm getting purple misfires when my RSTP is set at 006? Raising it shows up the red tint. I remember spending hours adjusting things and could never get things right.

The misfires only happen if a patch of the screen has been black for a longish period. The misfires only last a couple of seconds and then disappear. It rarely shows up in real world content but watching something like the Dark Knight (switching from 21:9 to 16:9 between the IMAX scenes) shows it.

:laugh: And I said I wasn't going to get mixed up with the voltage adjustments again!

Hey all

Any suggestions if i'm getting purple misfires when my RSTP is set at 006? Raising it shows up the red tint. I remember spending hours adjusting things and could never get things right.

The misfires only happen if a patch of the screen has been black for a longish period. The misfires only last a couple of seconds and then disappear. It rarely shows up in real world content but watching something like the Dark Knight (switching from 21:9 to 16:9 between the IMAX scenes) shows it.

:laugh: And I said I wasn't going to get mixed up with the voltage adjustments again!

The first time I tweaked I think I went a bit low on SAD and RSTP. The set had only 5700 hours and I saw what you described. But it happened so so rarely that it didnt bother me. I backed the values a bit and all was good. Now that the set has 7k on it, it tolerates lower values with no issues. It is said that after 10k the set will go darker in mll and can be pushed even further.

I might try and lower SAD a bit then, Geese.

Is lowering RSTP the only way to get rid of red tint do you know?

Raise rstp a bit if its causing you problems to maybe 12 and lower yknofsa D to 100 and see how it is then maybe to 95..
I had green pixels on black or pink on white for Halloween 35th anniversary bluray menu screen when pushed too low.. 100 is a good starting point

If I only lower rstp it gets rid of tint, if I want inky mll I lower SAD. As Generalgizmo said 100 will do you good regarding that. But I see a difference in mll if I just go 2 clicks lower, 98. The krp's can go very very low in that regard......50inch versions I mean.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom