Pioneer KRP-A Owners Thread - Part 7

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is a continuation of the part 6 thread here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-tvs/1228396-pioneer-krp-owners-thread-part-6-a.html

Last Post
stucarblne said:
Thanks everyone! Just switched the TV on and its not noticeable, so it is definitely after things have warmed up. But mine is actually noticeable even at decent volumes through my AV system. For example watching the last ever episodes of the Sopranos last night (That ending!) I could hear it in all the quiet dialogue scenes, even though the Arcam was sitting at 60db.

Time to call Pioneer me thinks, and now service call booked with local ASC. Will be great to get this resolved as its been driving me nuts for far too long now.

stephenc

Let us know what they say will you :thumbsup:

Curly

New fan assembly ordered by local ASC, should be fitted sometime next week, I'll keep you all updated!

stephenc

I am bored so i will post a picture, its a Panasonic iron man video
SAM_0101.jpg

:thumbsup: what you think?

I am bored so i will post a picture, its a Panasonic iron man video

:thumbsup: what you think?

I am assuming that's the KRP showing the Pana video ?... Ignore that it is i have just remembered spotting the pin blue led in the bottom left of the bezel.

It may just be my oled phone, but it's looks a bit plus blue to me bud

:edit:

But apart from that looks super sharp and detailed and a lesson on how it's done ; )

:lesson: :laugh:

Last edited:
+ blue???
Its your phone screen :).
I do think that the video is not the best, but it looks good to moi :smashin:.

Hi I am about to buy a Kuro, anyone know where I might find a Pioneer Kuro test disc?

I assume I could download one and burn it, but I do not have a blu ray burner:cool:

Thanks

Get stuff from here > http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-definition-trailers.php and just connect your PC via a router to the tv and use the media browser on the tv to view stuff, that's what i do, or just burn the 1080p vids to a normal dvd and use them that way.

Why you getting a Kuro and which one?

I always wanted a Kuro and found an LX5090 going cheap on here, should be better than my Samsung as only just are people talking about the VT50 being close it them.

I assume I could put the content onto USB stick and play it via my blu ray player too?

I always wanted a Kuro and found an LX5090 going cheap on here, should be better than my Samsung as only just are people talking about the VT50 being close it them.

I assume I could put the content onto USB stick and play it via my blu ray player too?

People talk a lot. But in the real world the VT50 isn't even at 8G Kuro level. For anything, except black level which is practically identical imho.

Last edited:
Eh? X Style have you been on the Sir Alex Ferguson juice :laugh:, or am i missing something?

Oh nice, as for the Usb stick i suppose if its in a format that the TV understands i would think it should play it but i have never used a USB stick tbh.

Anyone interested in my krp wall mount please see my ad in the classified section. Cheers.

Inferno said:

Hello pops.
Is the last one part of a kuro disc?
Those with many parts from that site how do you put them together?

I was going to buy both the bluray Kuro demo disks recently on fleabay but completely forgot about it. Very good price they were too :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Hello pops.
Is the last one part of a kuro disc?
Those with many parts from that site how do you put them together?

Just use Winrar and download them to the same place and double click on any part and it will extract them all into 1 file for the usage there of :smashin:.

Ok then, it should say "yes, you understand" ;) that betta ma wee pal :laugh:.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom