Pioneer KRP-A Owners Thread - Part 7

Deron

*** I think my 500A is acting weird. I was gaming and then suddenly some weird sounds came from the panel. Like static charge or something. A bit like if your playing with plastic. The Picture is still there. I shut it off and back on but still there. Never done it before.....just happened. I removed the cables and whatnot and try again a bit later.

Edit: Done a bit looking around on the net and looks like its arcing. The strips behind the bezel needs changing or something like that. Anyone done this?

Could it be the kettle lead in the back of the screen?

geese

It's arcing yes. I had that too on my kuro. It went away after a couple of days.
Huh? It went away after some days? Thats a first i have seen on the net. I so hope im that lucky with mine mate. It isnt harmful to the tv? Such a bummer I have to wait 4-5 weeks to get them emi strips. And the procedure isnt that easy I can tell. You have to be very careful with the panel once the bezel and the metal plates are off. Bloddy hell.

KuroUser

Standard Member
I was worried at first because it was pretty loud. Turned off the tv and on like you. Was still there. Looked online and found it was arcing. It was said it wasn't harmful and dust build up on the components can cause it. Continued watching the kuro as is and it went away.

Keep checking. The arcing should stop unless your tv has it more serious.

geese

I was worried at first because it was pretty loud. Turned off the tv and on like you. Was still there. Looked online and found it was arcing. It was said it wasn't harmful and dust build up on the components can cause it. Continued watching the kuro as is and it went away.

Keep checking. The arcing should stop unless your tv has it more serious.
Thanks mate mighty fine of you. Yes when it started arcing I freaked out, I thought bloody hell my 500A is done for. Last night it went practically away. Though my strips are on the way, rather it went away by itself rather than doing a DIY.