Pioneer KRP-A Owners Thread - Part 7

*** I think my 500A is acting weird. I was gaming and then suddenly some weird sounds came from the panel. Like static charge or something. A bit like if your playing with plastic. The Picture is still there. I shut it off and back on but still there. Never done it before.....just happened. I removed the cables and whatnot and try again a bit later.

Edit: Done a bit looking around on the net and looks like its arcing. The strips behind the bezel needs changing or something like that. Anyone done this?

Could it be the kettle lead in the back of the screen?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Could it be the kettle lead in the back of the screen?

No mate sadly it aint it. Its electrical discharge sounds coming behind the bezel. Its the strips gone bad I reckon or the foam inside it all degraded or both. You can read this thread and see what I mean.

It's arcing yes. I had that too on my kuro. It went away after a couple of days.

Huh? It went away after some days? Thats a first i have seen on the net. I so hope im that lucky with mine mate. It isnt harmful to the tv? Such a bummer I have to wait 4-5 weeks to get them emi strips. And the procedure isnt that easy I can tell. You have to be very careful with the panel once the bezel and the metal plates are off. Bloddy hell.

I was worried at first because it was pretty loud. Turned off the tv and on like you. Was still there. Looked online and found it was arcing. It was said it wasn't harmful and dust build up on the components can cause it. Continued watching the kuro as is and it went away.

Keep checking. The arcing should stop unless your tv has it more serious.

I was worried at first because it was pretty loud. Turned off the tv and on like you. Was still there. Looked online and found it was arcing. It was said it wasn't harmful and dust build up on the components can cause it. Continued watching the kuro as is and it went away.

Keep checking. The arcing should stop unless your tv has it more serious.

Thanks mate mighty fine of you. Yes when it started arcing I freaked out, I thought bloody hell my 500A is done for. Last night it went practically away. Though my strips are on the way, rather it went away by itself rather than doing a DIY.

Afternoon,

Anyone had a media box repaired, the blinking blue light, and can recommend a place? I have read of people getting them repaired only for them to break down again a few weeks later so would like a recommendation.

I’m based near Heathrow.

Thanks.

May be give this company a call? I have no experience with this company, see their location is in London that should suit you.

Last edited:
May be give this company a call? I have no experience with this company, but see their location is in London.

He's good.. I bought a krp600 monitor from him few yrs ago then he bought it back yr half later when I replaced it with an OLED in my den..
He does bezels, fixes everything.. really knows his stuff

Afternoon,

Anyone had a media box repaired, the blinking blue light, and can recommend a place? I have read of people getting them repaired only for them to break down again a few weeks later so would like a recommendation.

I’m based near Heathrow.

Thanks.
simon , the pioneerman on eBay done mine, great service.

Yep I can definitely recommend Simon Hayden (the_pioneer_man on Ebay). He’s just sorted out my KRP600A which has had the eight blue flashing light problem. He’s been absolutely brilliant - could not recommend him highly enough. He’ll carry out the repair and test the unit thoroughly before returning it with a 12 month warranty.

Top bloke offering a top service 👍🏻

One of my two Kuro's has the 8 blinking blue light error too, on the MR01 media box. So annoying as it's temperamental. It's on the spare Kuro. But I should get it fixed too....

Simon Hayden charges £200, plus costs to and back from Cambridge workshop.

KuroKing charges £250 for a home visit repair service.

Hmmmm....

Replacement of all 6 power regulators on Main Assembly Board.

The AWW1413 Main Assembly Board which causes the fault is no longer available from Pioneer. A component level repair is the only option. We can sometimes rectify previous repair attempts where print has been damaged. We only use official Pioneer components and do not use cheap aftermarket components which often cause the blue flash error to return.

Last edited:
Hi there Xstyle

Simon will ask you to post your media box to him so that he can carry out the repair. He uses high quality regulators (there are cheap ones used by some companies) and crucially, he offers a 12 month guarantee.

He’ll then test the media box for 48 hours, putting it through it’s paces to make sure everything is ok, before posting it back to you.

I highly recommend his service. He knows everything there is to know about Kuro’s.

Cost wise he did mine cheaper than £250. I don’t want to quote for him but worth giving him a ring to discuss. I’ll PM you some more details 👍🏻

Last edited:
My KRP-600A is still going strong and only 5965hrs on the clock 😉
I’ll take some better pictures at some point.

Attachments

• D1F01576-9914-4FA8-AE61-96C0A7208D07.jpeg
    D1F01576-9914-4FA8-AE61-96C0A7208D07.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 168
Afternoon,

I made changes to my 500M to get rid of red tint using kurocontrol picture looks good now but when i use the volume button the volume bar does not display on the screen? any idea how I can get it back??
Many thanks

Afternoon,

I made changes to my 500M to get rid of red tint using kurocontrol picture looks good now but when i use the volume button the volume bar does not display on the screen? any idea how I can get it back??
Many thanks

Thats very weird, never seen such myself. How long have you had the 500M and how would you compare it to your ZT65?

Thats very weird, never seen such myself. How long have you had the 500M and how would you compare it to your ZT65?

Got both the 500m is brighter and the blacks are deeper and the colour accuracy after callibration is better. But the ZT is the only plasma that really is close to 500m. Reliability goes to pioneer.

Got both the 500m is brighter and the blacks are deeper and the colour accuracy after callibration is better. But the ZT is the only plasma that really is close to 500m. Reliability goes to pioneer.

Thanks, exactly how I see it too, though I would add that sharpness/image detail is also better on the KRP but yes the ZT is the best plasma after the KRP's.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been in this thread so apologies.

I’m still lucky enough to have, what I can only describe as one of the finest TV’s ever made.

I still keep my Kuro in the study and I have to admit, I forgot how good it is! Been watching it tonight and it is truly glorious.

I’ve had a lot of televisions and I don’t want to get into any debates about this one and that one but I swear, they are getting this TV out of my dying hands.

Many thanks

Had similar problems with KuroEdit and the display information for channel, resolution, picture mode etc., which suddenly did not show up anymore after I had made some changes. The error was that I had shut down KuroEdit without having logged out or saved the changes correctly. So log into Kurocontrol again, go to the chapter where you made the changes, save again and log out.

Had similar problems with KuroEdit and the display information for channel, resolution, picture mode etc., which suddenly did not show up anymore after I had made some changes. The error was that I had shut down KuroEdit without having logged out or saved the changes correctly. So log into Kurocontrol again, go to the chapter where you made the changes, save again and log out.
Excellent thank you will give this a try

I always wanted a Kuro and found an LX5090 going cheap on here, should be better than my Samsung as only just are people talking about the VT50 being close it them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom