Pioneer KRP-A Owners Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question regarding the KRP-600A and multiple satellites.

When I scan the first satellite on Diseqc1 I get all channels from Astra1 and they work as they should.
Now I scan Astra3 on Diseqc3 and again those channels on Astra3 work, but when I switch back to one of the channels on Astra1 I get an image for about 2 seconds and after that the error "no signal".

Does anyone have a setup with multiple satellites and controlled with Diseqc who got it to work?

Last edited:
Hi

Has anyone used the DisplayPort cables from Wire World on their KRP-500/600A?

Do they (or are they likely to) offer any noticable difference in image quality? Especially over short lengths like 3M?

David
Wireworld are a highly respected company but tend to be expensive.

I checked out their version of the Displayport cable. It was fine but didn't click into place like the Pioneer one does.
I decided to make do with my 3m Pioneer one for a while.

I then saw this post on the Part Two thread:

Originally Posted by Hdmihead DisplayPort Cables.

Display Port Cables
Limited Supply

I ordered the 5 metre one and it arrived on Tuesday.
It does have the 'click in' type of connectors like the Pioneer version too.

I have to say it works great.
I can see absolutely no difference to the Pioneer in regards to performance.
AND - At around 80% cheaper than Wireworld or Pioneer :smashin:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Steve, much appreciated.

I will need a longer cable at some point so I'll check out your link.

David

Hi
Discovered the dot by dot mode/option last night when ploughing thro the menu (looking for something completely different!) - could someone help me understand when to use it and what the benefits are? I have an upscaling DVD player attached via HDMI 1 at the mo.

I remember reading about it before but can't find the posts now.

Cheers

Bought the 500A from Lyric today, along with a new sound setup. Now i play the waiting game.

Hi
Discovered the dot by dot mode/option last night when ploughing thro the menu (looking for something completely different!) - could someone help me understand when to use it and what the benefits are? I have an upscaling DVD player attached via HDMI 1 at the mo.

I remember reading about it before but can't find the posts now.

Cheers
Use it with 1080i/p sources. Provides original exact image map. No overscan. Input signal is presented to the same number of screen pixels.

Is the rubber 'boot shaped' spacer ok to use when attaching mouting arms to the set?

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but we are already on page 3 of Thread - Part 3 :eek:

What free HD channels can you get with the 500A, I have Sky+ (so you know where my dish is pointing) & I know I need to install another cable from the dish to the 500A.

Hi all..

I just got the KRP 500a today ! So excited & can't wait to get going.. I have started browsing through the threads from part 1 & I have to say I got lost along the way ! :eek: As a start I just want to ask two basic questions & would appreciate if any of you can help me out or point me in the right direction ! :lease:

1. I've seen the settings given in part 1 but it seems that it’s not a comprehensive one (no mention of dot-to-dot selection etc). Is there any place where I could get a comprehensive list of settings which I could use in order to get the best picture out of the set ?
  2. My kit : KRP500a, Denon 2500BT, LX81 & MT 30 5.1 system. I'll be watching SD TV (componant input (digital) but not HD). Therefore would want upscaling to 1080p (ideally) to take place. With that in mind, what's the best way to connect all these ?
Any advice much appreciated !

Cheers !

Darshana

Last edited:
Hi all..

I just got the KRP 500a today ! So excited & can't wait to get going.. I have started browsing through the threads from part 1 & I have to say I got lost along the way ! :eek: As a start I just want to ask two basic questions & would appreciate if any of you can help me out or point me in the right direction ! :lease:

1. I've seen the settings given in part 1 but it seems that it’s not a comprehensive one (no mention of dot-to-dot selection etc). Is there any place where I could get a comprehensive list of settings which I could use in order to get the best picture out of the set ?
  2. My kit : KRP500a, Denon 2500BT, LX81 & MT 30 5.1 system. I'll be watching SD TV (componant input (digital) but not HD). Therefore would want upscaling to 1080p (ideally) to take place. With that in mind, what's the best way to connect all these ?
Any advice much appreciated !

Cheers !

Darshana

You can use these settings to cover all your sources :smashin: use Dot by Dot on 1080i/p signals.
Connect BD player to amp via HDMI.
All the best.

Ok your using the attached TV speakers :smashin: then audio "should" be sent from the player over HDMI.Check players audio settings see if there's anything you can correct or change.
Also,what HDMI Input is the player connected to?

we have done about setting but not sound :suicide: I ask some of other Thai friend in the thai-web. They ahve some problem as the same that old dvd could not pass through audio via HDMI and i think my dvd is version 1.0 or 1.1a not sure

I will look agian see what I can do ..
BUT WE WANT TO SAY THE PICTURE OF KRP IS REALLY AWESOM !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Might as well share my current settings (been like this for a bit longer than a month).

Movie-profile (for SD digital tv broadcasts, older gaming consoles):
Contrast: 40
Brightness: 0
Color: +10
Tint: 0
Sharpness: -15

Film mode: standard or off
Text optimization: off
Intelligent mode: off
DRE: mid
Black Level: off
ACL: off
Enhancer mode: 2 (set 1 for console games)
Gamma: 2
Color Temp: mid high
CTI: off
Color Space: 1

All noise reduction: off
3DYC: off
I-P Mode: 2
Drive Mode: 2 (compromise between video and film based content)

PURE-profile (SD DVD, all HD material, newer gaming consoles):

Film mode: advance
Enhancer mode: 1

Drive Mode: 1 (for film based content)

I don't use the other profiles (user, standard,...) because they suffer from the "contrast fading" issue. Only "Movie" and "PURE" are problem free there.

Generally you could say that I am not for neutral pic like most the of generally suggested profile setting but rather like my picture "colorful". I had to fight a lot in order to get the whites white, there setting Color Space to "1", Color Temp to "mid high" and DRE to "mid" helped a slot. If you think that this makes the pic to have a too strong contrast then you could leave DRE to "low" or "off" entirely. Finally do note that these settings work for me, others might like different/more natural settings. Many thanx to KF and other real experts who really research these setting matters.

Sound settings:
x SRS Focus: high (changing this makes a difference, try different settings)
x SRS: off
x SRS TruBass: high
x SRS Definition: low

If you leave the sound settings to default then the sound is quite muddy in my opioin. I was very surprised what you could get out of the speakers once you experimented a bit with these settings.

Last edited:
after about 2 weeks of having this TV, I must say im really impressed. Not only that, but the SD content just looks amazing too.
I recently hooked up a new Popcorn hour A110 to play my stored videos and they just look out of this world :)

One slightly annoying thing, is the buzz coming from the TV :(
I've read alot of people also have this?

Might as well share my current settings (been like this for a bit longer than a month).

Movie-profile (for SD digital tv broadcasts, older gaming consoles):

Film mode: standard or off
Enhancer mode: 2

Drive Mode: 2 (compromise between video and film based content)

PURE-profile (SD DVD, all HD material, newer gaming consoles):

Film mode: advance
Enhancer mode: 1

Drive Mode: 1 (for film based content)

I don't use the other profiles (user, standard,...) because they suffer from the "contrast fading" issue. Only "Movie" and "PURE" are problem free there.

Generally you could say that I am not for neutral pic like most the of generally suggested profile setting but rather like my picture "colorful". I had to fight a lot in order to get the whites white, there setting Color Space to "1", Color Temp to "mid high" and DRE to "mid" helped a slot. If you think that this makes the pic to have a too strong contrast then you could leave DRE to "low" or "off" entirely. Finally do note that these settings work for me, others might like different/more natural settings. Many thanx to KF and other real experts who really research these setting matters.

Sound settings:
x SRS Focus: high (changing this makes a difference, try different settings)
x SRS: off
x SRS TruBass: high
x SRS Definition: low

If you leave the sound settings to default then the sound is quite muddy in my opioin. I was very surprised what you could get out of the speakers once you experimented a bit with these settings.
Seeing that you have all the consoles can you please comment on input lag on this set? with and without game control pref enable? thanks

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but we are already on page 3 of Thread - Part 3 :eek:

What free HD channels can you get with the 500A, I have Sky+ (so you know where my dish is pointing) & I know I need to install another cable from the dish to the 500A.
Anybody?

Hi all,

I was due to receive my KRP500A Y’day/today but my dealer informed me that they still haven't got the new stock ! (I was celebrating too early I guess!). However he did offer me a unit on display for £200 less. The unit had been on display for aprox a month (aprox 200hrs). The upside is, the 'running in' period is over & I know it works perfectly. However am still in doubt whether I should wait for brand new stock or go for the display unit.

Any thoughts ?

Hi all,

I was due to receive my KRP500A Y’day/today but my dealer informed me that they still haven't got the new stock ! (I was celebrating too early I guess!). However he did offer me a unit on display for £200 less. The unit had been on display for aprox a month (aprox 200hrs). The upside is, the 'running in' period is over & I know it works perfectly. However am still in doubt whether I should wait for brand new stock or go for the display unit.

Any thoughts ?

Do you really want to pay all that money for a used one think your mad if you do :cool:

Plus theres no real need to run these screens in :)

Hi all,

Any thoughts ?
I'd be tempted, If it was immaculate. Especially if he could sweeten the pot a little more.
I'd want the full 5 year guarantee though, from date of purchase.

The second you walk out the door with a brand spanking new one it's used anyway.

The second you walk out the door with a brand spanking new one it's used anyway.

Thats a ridiculous statement when talking about a customer buying a product as it has never been used and has no hours clocked up

For a dealer it would be termed used if returned by a customer even if it hasn't been used and doesn't have any hours clocked up

Being termed used and actually being used are two separate things

Hi all,

Any thoughts ?

I know you're anxious to get the TV, but you should wait for the brand new stock to come in.

I'd be looking for about £500 off the display unit if I were to even consider it. £200 is very slack for a unit that has been burning for a month.

Also, as WhoMe said, there is no need to run them in. Use ******** settings as a starting point and tweak from there, although the average person shouldn't need much tweaking bar that of setting the correct brightness level for your source, contrast for your viewing environment and making sure the colour isn't over or under-saturated.

Deleted.

Lifes too short.

Darshana,

If it was me, and he could sweeten the deal, say £350 off, I'd go for it.

I'm sure you'll be pleased whatever you decide :smashin:

Last edited:
Seeing that you have all the consoles can you please comment on input lag on this set? with and without game control pref enable? thanks

The set is fine as it is (I haven't even enabled game control pref). I have tried all kinds of games (shooters, driving games, platformers) and there is no noticeable input lag there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom