Pioneer KRP-A Owners Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumtious

Ex Member
Reaction score
The launch of these sets is approaching and there is a lot of speculation, some correct some not.

This initial post will appear here and the Pioneer settings and information sticky thread which is at the top of the plasma forum page. That is what will be updated with the settings and the correct information.

The menus are different on these sets, so it now time for their own thread.

The KRP/A is the media box model
The KRP/M is the monitor model. This is likely (hopefully) do be very different in function to the KRP/A and LX models.

PRICES HAVE NOT BEEN SET YET and anything published is only what was intially banded about at the dealer and press launch. The 5090/6090 final pricing was higher than the figures at the launch.

It is widely expected that there will be a £3-£400 difference between a LX and a KRP/A but this is speculative and may well change.

These sets will be not be available from all dealers so it may be worth checking with Pioneer that the dealer you wish to purchase from is an authorised one, otherwise you could end up with a grey import.

Let's clear things up re the onboard Tuners.

SATELLITE
The KRP/A has a HD satellite tuner, it will pick up FTA (free to air) broadcasts that are the correct format from the satellite that your dish is lined up to.

That means that pointing at Astra the set can pick up the "Freesat broadcasts" which are actually the same as SKY's unencrypted FTA broadcasts.

The thing that differentialted the 2 services are the EPG (Electronic program guide) and the red button interactive and teletext services.

Its the chips needed to decode the EPG (which actually comes from another satallite) that the KRP's do not have.

TERRESTRIAL
The HD tuner is a DVB-T tuner, it has litterally just been decided that the standard that will be employed in the UK is to be DVB-T2, and even now the final specs are still to be decided.

Quite simply DVB-T is fine for "mainland Europe" but not here wher HD Freeview will be DVB-T2.

This simply means that SD Freeview will work, but not HD Freeview.

Here is the PIONEER KRP LINK with some current info.

Here are 2 from the dealer launch

KRP 500/600A

KRP 500/600M

I will add to this over the next few days.

B

AVForums Exclusive review of the KRP500A from September - click

With the thread having now entered Part 3 phase, how about a summary of key facts/recommendations to date? Any volunteers?

Whilst writing, has anyone received feedback from Pioneer as to the likelihood of a firmware update for the EPG? I actually quite like the calming presentation but as any owner knows it could be so much better in use.

Thanks to meme68 and moolers, for the advice on where to pick up one over here. What are Richersounds and Lyric like for delivery? Because i'm going to be relying on it.

My mind has almost been completely put to rest over BI and input lag. Signs point to me taking the plunge tomorrow. :cool:

Lame question guys, but i have my PS3 connecred to HDMI 4...
I cannot seem to get a picture from the PS3...There are some weird lines and it says 720x480??? :confused:
Any ideas on how to resolve this please!??

i cant believe we are on thread 3 already :thumbsup:

Yes... some advice on what to connect to what input what be good.

I have:

BluRay (Pioneer LX70A) at 1080p/24 - I guess HDMI input 1 ???

HD-DVD and SD-DVD (Toshiba XE1) at 1080p/24 - I guess HDMI input 2 ???

SKY-HD - ???

VHS - ???

All in PURE mode as mentioned in the AVForums review??? :confused:

tHANKS! :thumbsup:

With the thread having now entered Part 3 phase, how about a summary of key facts/recommendations to date? Any volunteers?
Suggested that too in both parts 1 and 2.... So many new owners / members so many same queries / questions asked again and again and again...impossible for anyone new to read all these pages. Ok, we cannot avoid everything but many items can be classified as FAQ and listed at the the top of the section!

Lame question guys, but i have my PS3 connecred to HDMI 4...
I cannot seem to get a picture from the PS3...There are some weird lines and it says 720x480??? :confused:
Any ideas on how to resolve this please!??

Press the standby button on the PS3 and keep your finger on it for about 5 seconds. This will re-set and you can go through the res settings to get it to do 1080p.

Yes... some advice on what to connect to what input what be good.

I have:

BluRay (Pioneer LX70A) at 1080p/24 - I guess HDMI input 1 ???

HD-DVD and SD-DVD (Toshiba XE1) at 1080p/24 - I guess HDMI input 2 ???

SKY-HD - ???

VHS - ???

All in PURE mode as mentioned in the AVForums review??? :confused:

tHANKS! :thumbsup:
Hi MJeeves. :)
XE1/70A Input 1 and 3 :smashin: SKY Input 4. (Input 2 is Component/Scart)
Some settings here.

Last edited:
Dunno if any1 else is having this problem, while watching sky SD the picture seems to be shake a little bit on certain scenes. When i press the Tv guide on the sky remote the text seems to shake slightly. ANy ideas?

Thanks

Hi all from Thailand

My Boyfriend and I just got KRP 500a a bit different function here coz we have user mode not the pure mode but I think as the same I love the picture quality,really amazing: eek:

I have not tried BD set up yet but thank you for all the information and all of people here to share and support detail of KRP

I have a question. I connect my old sd dvd 969 elite 59avi not sure in UK what is version in UK .. ?
I connect via HDMI to media box and upscale to 1080i I can only get a picture on the screen but i could not get sound. Can anyone help me? :lease:
Also, when I play sd dvd 1.85:1 1.75:1,it is not full screen, even though information says so, it still has the black bar. I think I should get a full screen picture. Anyone can explain or help me? Did I set up something wrong? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

When I watch SD cable we dont have HD cable yet but it is full screen I love it and the picture is not funny at all as I had 50ps550 42px7 42py800 and lcdtv 46a650( 656 uk version .)

Thank You
Tony from Thailand

I have a question. I connect my old sd dvd 969 elite 59avi not sure in UK what is version in UK .. ?
I connect via HDMI to media box and upscale to 1080i I can only get a picture on the screen but i could not get sound. Can anyone help me? :lease:
Also, when I play sd dvd 1.85:1 1.75:1,it is not full screen, even though information says so, it still has the black bar. I think I should get a full screen picture. Anyone can explain or help me? Did I set up something wrong? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi Puccainbkk. :)
Do you have speakers connected to the plasma or are you using an amp or soundsystem?
The FULL ratio (screen size button) setting will make 1.85:1 movies fill the whole screen but if your using Dot by Dot ratio there will be a thin bar top and bottom as your seeing the picture in it's proper form......no over scan.
All the best.

Having the orbiter on,does this decrease the image quality? im using sky sd and ps3?

Thanks

Hi Puccainbkk. :)
Do you have speakers connected to the plasma or are you using an amp or soundsystem?
The FULL ratio (screen size button) setting will make 1.85:1 movies fill the whole screen but if your using Dot by Dot ratio there will be a thin bar top and bottom as your seeing the picture in it's proper form......no over scan.
All the best.

Thank you Kingfats for your quick reply!

Now,I understand that why I think set up to dot by dot that why I got black bar
I don't use any amp or sound system with PDP set coz I want to use PDP speaker .
I directly connect HDMI to Media box and and I try to find out what should I set up on PDP or my sd dvd Player to have sound ... any suggest ?

Thank you
Tony

Having the orbiter on,does this decrease the image quality? im using sky sd and ps3?

Thanks

It moves the picture around ever so slightly all the time,some say they can see the affect others say they can't.
Maybe useful for long runs on gaming otherwsie no need for it.
All the best. :smashin:

I don't use any amp or sound system with PDP set coz I want to use PDP speaker .
I directly connect HDMI to Media box and and I try to find out what should I set up on PDP or my sd dvd Player to have sound ... any suggest ?

Thank you
Tony

Ok your using the attached TV speakers :smashin: then audio "should" be sent from the player over HDMI.Check players audio settings see if there's anything you can correct or change.
Also,what HDMI Input is the player connected to?

Thanks to meme68 and moolers, for the advice on where to pick up one over here. What are Richersounds and Lyric like for delivery? Because i'm going to be relying on it.

My mind has almost been completely put to rest over BI and input lag. Signs point to me taking the plunge tomorrow. :cool:

I got free delivery from Richersounds.:)

Any ideas how I can connect a Sky HD box via optical and a ps3 via optical to my dav is10? it only has 1 optical port can I get a spliter?

Thanks

Any ideas how I can connect a Sky HD box via optical and a ps3 via optical to my dav is10? it only has 1 optical port can I get a spliter?

Thanks

Yes get a splitter :smashin: quite cheap as well.
All the best.

Thanks
Maplins do them.:smashin:

Free delivery from Lyric Hifi also..but then again i dont live too far from them.Im still waiting on my 500M but they said that there was a shortage of panels at present and would be approx.2-3weeks before a delivery.Im expecting it next week. :D
Good luck! :smashin:

Hi

Has anyone used the DisplayPort cables from Wire World on their KRP-500/600A?

Do they (or are they likely to) offer any noticable difference in image quality? Especially over short lengths like 3M?

David

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom