• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer KRP-500ABG

macmike

Standard Member
Dear all,

I am after a TV for my living room and I have my eyes set on the Pioneer KRP-500ABG but I am concerned about the power consumption in plasmas, in comparison to an LCD. Do the plasma's really make a big difference in your electricity bill as such? Any LCD just as good as the Pioneer KRP-500ABG ?

Look forward to your response. Thanks in advance.

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
Dear all,

I am after a TV for my living room and I have my eyes set on the Pioneer KRP-500ABG but I am concerned about the power consumption in plasmas, in comparison to an LCD. Do the plasma's really make a big difference in your electricity bill as such? Any LCD just as good as the Pioneer KRP-500ABG ?

Ha ha thats like buying a rolls royce and worrying about the petrol.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

chelsea.tone

Distinguished Member
Dear all,

No !

The Snake

Banned
The best thing to do in situation like this for those who are worried about power consumption and carbon footprint etc is buy one of these.

31xwRJ7LYIL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It won't make any difference to power consumption, but when you slap a SKY HD, 600W amplifier, BLU Ray player in there to complement your TV and really decide to send the meter whirling around at 10,000 revolutions per second. You'll have plenty of plug sockets:thumbsup:.

Monarch

Distinguished Member
The best thing to do in situation like this for those who are worried about power consumption and carbon footprint etc is buy one of these.

31xwRJ7LYIL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It won't make any difference to power consumption, but when you slap a SKY HD, 600W amplifier, BLU Ray player in there to complement your TV and really decide to send the meter whirling around at 10,000 revolutions per second. You'll have plenty of plug sockets:thumbsup:.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: oh man, thanks for making my day

Seriously, I'm a bit of an eco person and I still have 2 plasmas, they do use a little more power but it's nothing ground breaking, a 50" LCD will still use a lot of power! Think of the extra power as a monthly subscription to having a better TV than all your mates

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom