Pioneer KRP-500A (or variants)- Where Can I get one?

indigoblue73

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I think I've completely missed the boat here :)boring:) but I was wondering if anyone out there knew of or was selling a NEW KRP-500a (M / Beige /White)?
I had a really good look on the web at all my known & some unknown stores but nobody has stock...

On the reality that I cannot get one, does anyone have an judgment on how the PDP-LX5090 stacks up against it? I've read the rave reviews on the KRP but I was wondering if anyone had any real life (opinions based on fact)?

Cheers,

Martin

u better hurry up as pioneer are pulling the plug soon on making plasma tvs any more.they have not been making a lot of profit in the last year.so earlier this year they announced they stop production from april next year.i got this info from a dealer i use.
he also what is being made is mostly sold already so u be hard to fin what ur looking for.if u do snap it up straight away or u will miss out

u better hurry up as pioneer are pulling the plug soon on making plasma tvs any more.they have not been making a lot of profit in the last year.so earlier this year they announced they stop production from april next year.i got this info from a dealer i use.
he also what is being made is mostly sold already so u be hard to fin what ur looking for.if u do snap it up straight away or u will miss out
The independant dealer I bought my 5090 from was unable to get hold of a KRP for my father. The retailer I bought it from is one of only a handful of approved pio dealers in Ireland and he was told by Pioneer that they were ceasing production of krp earlier than the march deadline but will still be producing a limited number of 5090's up to march, I don't believe this been extended to April

Last edited:
yes its hard to find a dealer or an online retailer with krp-500a/m or 600a/m in stock.

but if you cant get hold of one lx5090 will do u just find :smashin:

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies.... I've managed to find a PDP-LX5090H (which I believe is the same as the KRP-500a in many ways apart from the pure mode?) this morning and place the order.
Apparently I got the last one... we shall see if there is actually stock in the first place.
Anyway fingers crossed this should be added to my existing AV setup ASAP... I cannot wait.

Cheers,

martin

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom