pioneer keh p8200.face is dim.please help

jazz1071

Standard Member
hi i have a pioneer keh p8200 rds. the screen works but it is dim. you can see the screen details but only in the shade.i have a feeling that a wire might be missing from the plug but not sure. there is a negative(black),permanent live(orange), ignition live(red), night time illumination wire(yellow), cell mute(yellow/back) and power continuation(blue).plus speaker wires.am i missing something?i have a spare power box which hangs off the back of the stereo which ihave tried but no joy.there is a diode next to where the power box plugs in(two connections plug into the board from the power box. this is the one by the back of the stereo not the one under the cassette unit) and the voltage reads 6v approx.can anyone help.thanx:lease::lease::hiya:

koush

usually orange is dimmer and yellow is live. you might have is wired incorrectly, are you sure how you have wired it is correct?

Koush

marklintonarnol

Novice Member
Hi i have a KEH P8600RDS so same style of unit. orange is definatly permanant live as i connected my ipod adaptor up to this wire ! The yellow is either illumination or tele mute i cant remember. Funny that i had one of your head units years ago and bloody loved it but the front panel wouldnt light up anyway you know tha silver box that hangs by a long grey lead - this is what powers your display so what im saying is that you might have wired it correctly but this box has became faulty (about £35) the last one i bought hope this helps

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom