1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer/JVC

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by animaal, Apr 10, 2005.

1. animaal

animaal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to buy either the Pioneer 520H or the JVC DR-MH30. (Due to the presence of VHF tuners, they're the only options open to me). Can anyone advise as to which would be best?

I'd be using a good CRT TV with Progressive scan inputs, and the video source is analogue cable (rf, vhf).

I like the prog scan support in the JVC, and its larger capacity. I've heard it doesn't have as good image quality, but with twice the capacity, I can use higher bitrate? Is prog scan much better than RGB over a good quality SCART cable?

Thanks.

2. ElchenUK

ElchenUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a DRMH30 and it is an excellent machine.
    on the highest video setting, XP, you can get about 36 hours of recording time. This video setting is excellent and the quality of the picture is superb.
    i have set up the recorder using both SCart using a monster cable and also using the component ouput and my personal preference is the component output even on a cheaper cable the component picture looks better than the RGB, but then again thats my preference.