Pioneer iPod interface anyone ?

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by applevenus, Sep 1, 2005.

1. applevenus

applevenus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone here have a Pioneer car audio system with the Pioneer iPod interface ?

I'd like to understand how well this functions - some of the online reviews indicate that the interface is very slow. Is this really the case ?

2. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    i have one on my 7700mp. yes it is very slow, it doesn't let you search for anything without stopping playback and it will only display 8 characters of text and if you want it to scroll you have to use the func buttons even then it will only scroll once. personally i would rather the belkin auto adapter and an aux-in or harmon consumer group are soon releasing an in-car solution, not cheap but looks good. the only place i have seen it is talk audio forum under press release

3. applevenus

applevenus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks. I've decided to go with an Aux-In adapter for a 2nd hand Pioneer which will do me for now until something better comes along in the next couple of years.