1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer ipod conector

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by garry, Jun 11, 2005.

1. garry

garry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys just got the Pioneer ipod conector fitted to my AVIC-1XR unit, i'm just wanting to check to see if it's working correct, you see it says that it's supposed to show things like album,artist,song and so on,but it dose'nt! Like an mp3 disk where you have folders with albums in them you can select an album then a song, this is what i think the ipod connector is supposed to show you on the screen but it dose'nt. My ipod is a 20gig 4th gen model and iv'e tried an ipod mini aswell with the same results i was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem? Cheers :rolleyes:

2. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    still waiting for my connector but yes you are right it should display the info as if you was playing an mp3 cd

3. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Do the higher up models in the Pioneer range display MP3 info ? I only have the DEH P77MP but that only displays folder and track numbers when playing an MP3 disc.

4. garry

garry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cleric on the AVIC-1XR it shows you all the info thats on the mp3 file like folder name artist and song, jtf, i thought that, it seems a bit pointless to have a conector that you can't scroll through the songs, just now i have to press the screen every time i want to play the next song so that means that if the song or artist starts with w i have to click all the way through every song in order to get to the track i want! :mad: the place i bought it from is different from the place that fitted it and the guy who fitted it said the same thing happened on his ipod no songs on show, so i went back to the company that i bought it from and had one of their fitters have a look, he checked the connections and said it was fine, i was thinking if the guy who fitted it put it into the brains and not the head unit would that make a difference? Thanks for the replys. Or do you think the unit is faulty?

5. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    try calling pioneer technical they are always grumpy but are helpful

6. garry

garry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers jtf i'll try that tommorow

7. garry

garry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys just a quick update, phoned Pioneer and got through to a very helpfull guy called Phill, he basically told me that the AVIC-1XR dose not support the full song,artist thing, he said something like the ipod connector was made before the AVIC-1XR, i think, so it won't support full song info :( anyway you can still search by artist,album and so on, i hope this helps others who are thinking of buying one. Cheers.

8. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    i imagine that means that only 2005 range of pioneer hu are fully compatible