1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Ipod adaptor?

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by garrad, Feb 1, 2005.

1. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, I'm going to buy an Ipod now because Pioneer are bringing out the Ipod adaptor.

Anyone know of the UK release date and an online store that is going to sell it.

Also I have a Pioneer DEH-P7500MP. Do you know if you will be able to search the Ipod using the head unit? :confused:

2. liteon

liteon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Garrad

You can try letsbuycaraudio.com, the adaptor comes out in about 2 weeks and will allow you to search the ipod from the head unit. I have the same head unit and it will work by the touch screen so should be very cool no need for an autochanger anymore. I know the guy that rums this website and he has already taken orders for 5.

Regards

Warren

3. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now I got to decide which Ipod to buy... do I buy a 20gb Ipod 4th Gen or do I buy the 60gb Ipod photo.... probably the 20gb one I think

4. liteon

liteon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Garrad

I've got the 20gb only just bought due to the fact of the adpotor coming out I have put about 35 albums on so far and only used 1.85gb! probably get my whole collection on with some space left.

5. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah same reason why i'm getting the ipod :)

I've already ripped all my cd's into Itunes, around 300 of them and it's taking just over 10gb so the 20gb should be good enough. Now just to find it cheap. The US is a lot cheaper than over here.

Where did you get yours from?

6. liteon

liteon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Garrard

Ending up getting mine from argos for £219.99 its the 3rd generation as the 4th doesnt come with the docking station and a few other bits, and when I connecting to itunes it updated and loaded the latest version of software into aswell, well impressed.

7. simon100

simon100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Be wary of purchasing from the USA. You will probably get stung for import tax, which might wipe out any savings you have made. Also postage can be very expensive.

8. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah that's all true, but when your going on buisness then you have more chance of avoiding it. :p