Pioneer htp-071 ps3....not showing dts on receiver display

Biggyk

Standard Member
Reaction score
It sounds great but the receiver is not showing what sound is coming through. When watching tv with my dtv the receiver shows dolby on the display.

Also if i can ask in the same thread, where do i go in receiver settings to enable arc. My lg tv has it enabled already but doesnt seem to be working.

Thankd

What do you have the ps3 set on sound output? Set to bitstream instead of pcm and this should get the sound format to show up.
For arc make sure you have plugged the hdmi cable into the correct input on the tv since only one is arc enabled. You may also need to turn obvious hdmi control in the receiver etc.

When i switch the inout in the receiver my video changes so i figure hdmi control is on. Cant find anything in settings related to arc

Hdmi 1 on my tv is arc and its connected to out on receiver

My older yamaha receiver showed dts and that setting was on pcm. I was using optical cable at that time. Also im not talking about watching blurays but dts games.

Last edited:
The pcm/bitstream setting is about the HDMI output only. So it would have shown dts witht he optical but need to set to bitstream if want DTS showing with HDMI. However, it does not matter which way you set it since it will still be the same sound you listen to no matter if it is the receiver or the PS3 doing the decoding. There is no beenfit either way and it will sound the same.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom