Pioneer help would be appreciated!!!

Burner326

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, not that keen to go searching through the forums as my Pioneer amp is quite old. So here is the problem...

I have a pioneer VSX-LX51 which I had sent into Pioneer NZ to get repaired. the problem is when I plug it at the wall and then press the on button on the amp itself is the blue light in the middle of the on button will turn on but nothing else happens. after about 20-30 seconds, the light goes off. no activity whatsoever from the amp screen or anything. so hearing back from pioneer new Zealand technicians that they were unable to find the fault off their fault list...
they said I could get a new PCB out of Japan, costing upwards of $500 NZD -_-
obviously I like the amp, but for that price I should probably upgrade to a 3D amp right? I mean has anyone seen this problem or had this problem before. it is quite frustrating when the technicians say "yes we can order this part for you but we will not guarantee this will actually fix the problem".
Does not make sense to pay that money on a maybe.
If someone could offer some guidance on options, and If anyone knows the PCB part number? maybe I could find one cheaper when I head to China later this year.
Thanks in advance, first post just signed up to hopefully get some feedback and insights.

Brad

here is an update, spoke to the guy again and he said the Pioneer NZ technicians have ordered a replacement PCB from Pioneer Japan, at a cost of $350 NZD approx. The really great thing about this is the technicians have let me know if it doesn't actually fix the problem that I won't have to pay. At least if it doesn't work I won't be out of pocket, besides the initial quote for repair. Really hoping it solves the problem, but glad I've got the peace of mind knowing they will stand behind the repair, as to whether it will fix the problem...well will find out in a month or so :)

That's a lot of Luv you have for the amp & some great Pioneer NZ technicians & customer support, best of luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom