1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Headunit install/removal help

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by ZeroAX, Sep 13, 2004.

1. ZeroAX

ZeroAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a pioneer DEH-P4100 and I want to remove it so I can connect the aux/ CD changer port to my Ipod.

I had the unit installed at the place I bought it, but that was around 4 years ago, and it seems they took the tools that came in the box.

The instructions in the manual says to insert the "release pin" into a hole at the bottom of the frame, and pulling on that will remove the frame. Then using the "extration keys" slide them down each side of the unit and then use them as handles to pull it out.

I don't have the pin or extration keys so I'm not quite sure if I can remove this myself or not. I was wondering if anyone knows of a place I could order a set of new tools, or if there is another way of taking my unit out without them. Also my car is a 94 nissan pathfinder if that matters. Thanks.

2. bazzason

bazzason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    halfords sell extraction keys for head units, so you might get lucky there. or go to your local car stereo dealer and explain the situation. they might be nice and take it out for you FOC. it is a 2-second job. literally.

3. ZeroAX

ZeroAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I looked through their website but I couldn't find any extraction keys listed :confused:

4. bazzason

bazzason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have definitely seen them for sale in the Ripspeed sections of their stores. failing that, try your local ICE dealer. with a bit of a sob story they should help you out...