Pioneer HDMI settings

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by banyantree, Sep 8, 2004.

1. banyantree

banyantree

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have a Pioneer DV-969avi (singapore model) , Pioneer pdp-434hde, Yamaha RXV795RDS and Mission Cinema & speakers.

I am having problems with the HDMI settings between the Plasma and the DVD player.
    Some of the DVD's will not play resulting in a white screen full of noise. This happens when i first load the disc or during the movie itself.
    Pioneer tell me the HDMI settings are too high. They are currently at 720p and changing them to 420p results in a poor quality picture.
    Can anybody help me asto what these settings should be and what gives me the best picture?
    Why will the player play some of the film at 720p then give me no picture?
    Do i have a faulty player or HDMI cable?

Im considering upgrading the amp to a Pioneer ax5i. Would this help?

appreciate any assistance.

thanks.

2. allygash

allygash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have the same 969 player with the 504hde & have none of the problems u witnessed. I suggest u get pioneer to come around & have a good look. I play most of my dvds at 480, however when i use 720p i NEVER have the problems u see. Sounds like the player to me, maybe change the cable first. Do u live in singapore? if u do i have good pioneer agent.

I'm also thinking about changing my pioneer 812 amp 4 an ax5i, this will not help with the picture isssues...

3. Prodigal

Prodigal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a 969AVi and 434HDE too, as I'm living in HK, therefore I think the models must be exactly same as yours. Just as same as what allygash said, I've experienced no problem at all no matter choosing 480p/720p/1080i while watching DVDs, mine player is all-codes though.

I'm using AX5i AV amp right now, but there is no video socket in this amp,so the HDMI cable is directly connected from 969avi to 434HDE media box. I think you better call your local Pioneer service center to arrange an appointment to check up your player and panel, as this could be more than just set up issue.

By the way, are you sure all the cable connections are intact ?

4. banyantree

banyantree

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for your response.
    The Pioneer agents came around yesterday to look at it and to be honest were not that helpful. They claim its the HDMI setting output.
    Can you give me your contact for the pioneer agent in Singapore? I live in Singapore.
    thanks

5. banyantree

banyantree

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Yes the cable connections are intact and i have checked these. The problem has only become apparent over the last 2 weeks. I did not have the problem when i first bought the set 5 weeks ago.
    Is it likely a faulty HDMI cable?