1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer HDE Plasma Picture Gallery function

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rags, Oct 30, 2004.

1. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Hi all,

Having just got back from holiday with the family I decided to use the picture gallery function on the plasma to show off the fruits of my labour but I have a bit of an issue. I took a load of pics on my digi camera - most at 5mp but some also at 3mp - the 3mp pics appear fine in the picture gallery but the 5mp ones are showing up as unreadable due the picture size restrcition on the plasma.

Rather than reduce each picture down in size individually I decided to cut a video cd using Adopbe Photoshop Album of all my pics and run them through my DVD player but the picture quality was crap.

Is there any other way to display hi res pics on the plasma apart from -

1. Hooking up a laptop to it - something I dont want to do.
    2. Copying the pics from my memory card to my PC, then reducing the size of all the 5mp ones and then finally copying the "reduced" pics back onto the memory card and inserting it into the plasma.

There must be an easier way ! Why have Pioneer set a limit on the size of the pics that can be displayed ? If I sound like a nob in this area thats simply because I am so apologies in advance.

Thanks

2. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I don't think there is any way round it rags... :rolleyes: