1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer HC-51S... Any good?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Re2002uk, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Re2002uk

Re2002uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm currently in the process of buying one of these systems, mainly swayed by the no fuss set up, but also as i can upgrade at a later date. Only had a quick listen in Dixons as i didn't have much time, but it looked great and monsters inc sounded pretty lively, despite all the speakers just being chucked underneath a samsung plasma screen. Has anyone had any experiences with this system with the speakers set up in a 5.1 arrangement? See HERE for spec etc if you have any of the seperates and can comment on the quality of these.
    PS. My room size is rougly 14ft by 10ft.
    Any help much appreciated :)

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    I saw a review in one of the latest DVD mags HC51. The thought it was very good overall, I think only things they pointed out bad were its low power but it was more than adequate for most rooms. Its a very good review, spesh compared to the similar Sny P1000 setup which they didn't like that much. I was pretty much sold, I have the 454S already and plan to get the VSX-C100 amp and S-V40 speakers soon :)

3. Re2002uk

Re2002uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :cool: I thought it looked to be of good quality, and if it's received a good mag review, well thats me sold! Thanks NX3 :D

4. rmsdev

rmsdev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the HC 51 S

I am very much happy with it

for £ 400 or so its excellent value for money

and there is possibility to upgrade later on...

one of the mags said subwoofer is weak

I dont think so

by carefully tweaking the sub level and the output from the receiver, I find it is excellent

picture via RGB (THOR CABLE) is vibrant and rich

the surround speakers are one-way, but they are very good: crisp treble and dialogue from centre clear

very recommended

regards

I am happy to answer any questions...

5. Re2002uk

Re2002uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RMSDEV do you use your system for playing CDs as i would be looking to replace my hifi with this too! Seeing as the speakers are one way, is there the problem with a distinct lack in mid bass?
    Thanks.

6. rmsdev

rmsdev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, but not much.... CD playback also is comparable to a good mini HIFI

PLII is really good with music (with a good CD)

but it is with CD playback that you may find the bass a little weak (just slightly)

7. mrouse

mrouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have this system and am very happy with it, no complaints