1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer H530 just ordered - will this be compatable with a HD telly?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by KiNeSiS, Jul 7, 2005.

1. KiNeSiS

KiNeSiS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    by this i mean, is it future proofed (well as future proofed as you can be these days)?

will HD DVDs be coming out? if so will this player go quickly out of date?

also if i get this player is it really worth getting a HD telly or shall i just get a standard def one?

cheers peeps :)

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    If you want to play HD material off of an optical disk then it isn't future proof but then nothing is in that regard right now:)
    I suspect the reason you choose this machine was for it's recording facilities which are impressive so use it as such and don't worry about HD since it will be a while before HD players and especially HD recorders become viable.

The player doesn't upscale DVD sources either so I think you can get by with a display that can accept a Progressive signal via component. An SD display will be reasonably cheap and depending upon how much you pay you could replace it with a HD screen next year when prices and capabilities are even more attractive than the current crop.

Of course if you do buy a HD display then that can take the component output (or any of the outputs) of the H530 and the display will scale the image to match it's native resolution so the machine is perfectly suitable for using with a HD display.