1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer & guide plus

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by burgeruk, Aug 23, 2005.

1. burgeruk

burgeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    i purchased a pioneer 530 dvd recorder today,and was in the process of setting it up when i got to guide plus, then i read about the link cable to control external equipment,so i thought i would ring pioneer to see where to plug in this cable on the tuner box for my pioneer 435xde plasma,i spoke to a guy on tech support and,got the answer it's not compatable, and neither is the coming 436 ?,bit stupid making a dvd recorder whiuch uses guide plus but their other products don't support it? :confused:

2. psigp

psigp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I may not understand your setup, but the glink cable is used to control an external cable/satellite box. It does not actually plug into the cable/satellite box but sits in front of the remote receiver on the cable box and is plugged into the back of the 530, so that the dvd recorder can change the channels on the cable box when it needs to. The glink cable is not supposed to be plugged into the TV. If I don't have a clue as to what you are trying to accomplish, I am sorry but I don't know why you would try and control the tv with a device that is used to control an EXTERNAL cable/satellite box.

3. burgeruk

burgeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    i didn't understand it plugged into the 530 itsel,i find the instruction manual vague,i was trying to enable recording from the digital tv part of the tuner box,or do i need to use a scart and asign it as av2?,i'm new to plasma&integrated dtv,i had a panasonic dvd recorder some time ago and found that easy to use,unlike the pio

4. JethroUK

JethroUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the glink could switch channels on your tv tuner by i/red but it's not a good idea to let it occupy your only tuner - for the sake of £30 you should buy it a dedicated freeview tuner to recording from

5. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I don't understand this at all. Ah, maybe I do, do the plasma have a separate tuner and that is what he want to use to record from?

Not | good idea, as been said above, better off to get a cheap digital set top box.

6. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9