Pioneer FDE: mixing HDMI video & analog RCA audio

lJoublanc

Standard Member
Reaction score
I currently use my PC to watch DVDs on my Pioneer PDP 435FDE system. I connect from my PC with a DVI-->HDMI cable.

I would lke to use the speakers that came with the plasma screen, but I don't receive any audio, since my PC does not send it via the DVI->HDMI cable. However, I do have a standard PC soundcard and would like to connect it via a normal audio cable (RCA I think it's called - correct me please), using the INPUT 4 on the FRONT of the a/v receiver. Obviously at the same time I would like to continue watching video via the HDMI input (INPUT 3).

I can't seem to be able to do this. I have tried changing the options under the HDIM connection menu (setting Audio to 'analog'), but it makes no difference.

Does anyone know if it's technically possible to force the pioneer receiver to mix audio from INPUT 4, and video from INPUT 3 - HDMI? That would be a great help.

Thanks in advance!

Well I guess I should have checked the manual first ... it says its possible to do this with the analog SCART input at the back. So I connected via a scart adaptor I had and it works great now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom