• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer F77-DAB

funnycar

Standard Member
My wife bought me this head unit plus all the connect2 can bus cables to get it to integrate with the car.

I've just fitted this head unit to my VW Amarok and went in a treat apart from a couple of wee things. The DAB and FM Radio works fine, Andoid Auto is ok. Bluetooth connection is great, but I do have a couple of things I wonder if you guys can help with.

Firstly, in the Pioneer box there is a short 16cm cable which they can a bus adapter. This apparently allows the climate control mimic and the reverse sensor radar to be show up on the headunit. But here to I plug it in?! (according to the Pioneer site it is compatible with my car)

Secondly the general volume of the system seems quite low, I've played with the HPF and the EQ levels but I need to have the volume at about 3/4 of full for music to be audible when moving, this also applies to folks voice when incall. And higher than 3/4 volume and there is a fair bit of distortion and even at that it isn't loud.

funnycar

Standard Member
All figured out, been supplied with the wrong cable

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom