Pioneer Elite VSXLX104 crossover vs Martin Logan Dynamo 600X sub

vlawde

Novice Member
Reaction score
Periodically I'll first run the Martin Logan ARC mobile calibration and move the mic around to the different locations in the room, then run the Pioneer's MCACC. Paradigm studio 60 speakers set to small. I noticed when I'm done running the MACC it says the crossover is at 100. I thought it was more common to be 80, does 100 sound right?

I don't tweak the sub after calibrating it except volume, if I wanted to manually control anything I wouldn't be able to use the calibrated settings, and I MIGHT have to turn off the Pioneer's MACC settings to change the crossover (not at home right now)

It sounds ok, just wondering if it can sound better, but the calibration for both AVR and sub are there for a reason. Any input appreciated

If it's these change to small 80hz

For pure music like from CD you could use pure direct, if you don't like having sub on for music, or stereo + sub with bass management.

My Studios are like almost 20 years old. The Pioneer MACC changes them to small, which I expect. Just wondering why the AVR makes it 100

.when I does sweep it measures where your speakers start rolling off so it sets to that but it could just be bad room placement

An AV receivers measures the roll off during calibration and this then determines the suggested size and crossover setting the receiver automatically assigns the associated speakers. You are recommended to never manually st ctossovers lower than an AV receiver measured the rolloff to be. If the AV receiver set the crossover at 100Hz then it would be inadvisable to then override this and set them to 80Hz. You can set crossovers higher, but never below where the AV receiver determined the roll off of the speakers to be.

Note that measurements should be taken where you'd be sat while using the setup as opposed to using measurements taken elsewhere in the room.

An AV receivers measures the roll off during calibration and this then determines the suggested size and crossover setting the receiver automatically assigns the associated speakers. You are recommended to never manually st ctossovers lower than an AV receiver measured the rolloff to be. If the AV receiver set the crossover at 100Hz then it would be inadvisable to then override this and set them to 80Hz. You can set crossovers higher, but never below where the AV receiver determined the roll off of the speakers to be.

Note that measurements should be taken where you'd be sat while using the setup as opposed to using measurements taken elsewhere in the room.
Thanks. I did set it to 80 as a test, but notice a kind of distortion or warbling from the sub as well as more voice in the sub, and also feel like more bass is coming through the main speakers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom