Pioneer Elite VSXL104 upscale settings

vlawde

Novice Member
Trying to find where the settings or on/off is for upscaling. I have a Samsung RU7300 and am trying to determine if the TV upscaling or the Pioneers is best by disabling each one to see if I can tell which looks best. Also having trouble finding the upscale settings in my Samsung. I know I've seen them before somewhere but am at a loss here

gibbsy

The TV will be upscaling, if it didn't then any 1080 broadcast would have black lines all around and not fill the screen. I've had a quick look at an online manual but can't find anything about upscaling. If anywhere it will be under video settings.

vlawde

Novice Member
Thanks. I went through every TV setting and assume it's automatically upscaling. I managed to finally find the setting in the receiver, it's set to auto.

gibbsy

Thanks. I went through every TV setting and assume it's automatically upscaling. I managed to finally find the setting in the receiver, it's set to auto.
I have a Pioneer 4K player and for it to output video at the native size the setting is 'Source Direct' I wonder if that's the same term used on the AV amps. Pioneer set ups aren't the most intuitive it must be said.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom