1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Elite Projection HDTV pro-620hd

Discussion in 'TVs' started by blades23, Jul 13, 2004.

1. blades23

blades23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings.

This is my first time posting to this forum. Hopefully I have chosen the correct group to post in.

I recently purchased a used Pioneer Elite pro-620hd from a relative. So far I think the picture is wonderful. I have hi-def cable and the HD channels look so crisp and clean you would think you were there in person.

I am curious about the d-sub 15 pin RGB input jack in the rear of the TV. The user manual says it is for connecting "digital tuners and the like". It says it inputs signals R,B,B,H,V. Format 1080i, horizontal frequency of 33.75 kHz and a vertical frequency of 60 Hz.

I would very much like to connect a computer to this RGB input jack so as to accomplish the following: use the computer as a media PC and control it with a wireless keyboard/mouse to play mp3 music files through the stereo, also to possibly display jpg photos on the TV in a (hopefully) higher quality than the DVD slideshows I have created in the past, and finally to play video files on the computer and have them look just as good on the TV as they do on the monitor.

Does anyone know if this is possible ?

I attempted to connect my computer VGA port to the TV's RGB interface. Immediately I noticed a low humming noise coming from the TV speaker. Not a good sign but I kept going. Before windows booted, I could see the characters on the TV display. After windows booted, the screen went all scrambled. So I found this program on the internet called "powerstrip" which allows you to customize the horizontal and vertical refresh rates and to convert to 1080 interlaced format. I can now see my windows desktop on the TV but it is not very clear. Powerstrip is apparently very tricky and configuring it is alot of trial and error.

Has anyone out there successfully connected a home computer to an RGB interface on a HDTV ? Maybe I am expecting too much.

Thanks so much for any info.
    blades23

2. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

You should be able to find the advice you need on this link, which will connect you to the American version of this forum.

Here in Britain, rear projection tv's are very basic, and there's certainly nothing in our market that even come close to your Pioneer Elite.

You've just made a lot of people (me included) very envious. :D

3. blades23

blades23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks so much for the help. I appreciate it.