1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Elite PRO-1000HD

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by siluro, Jun 15, 2002.

1. siluro

siluro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi people

as in my other posts i was really after a projector but, ive come across a really strange deal. Well its a Pioneer Elite PRO-1000HD plasma from dallas in texas and if every thing goes ok i may be able to buy it for under a grand! but my major concerns are its going to be ntsc and im trying to find out what voltage its going to be 110 or 240. im in the uk so i was wondering if anyone could give me any advice, is it worth buying, is pal going to be ok on it and, will it be easy to get a new psu or adaptor?

so any advice is gona be really helpfull from you guys

cheers
    lee

2. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    Please be extremely careful with this purchase.

There are a large number of scams based on very cheap plasma screens around at the moment.

A Pioneer Elite PRO-1000HD at that price fits the profile of these scams rather well as the price difference on these things between the USA and the UK isn't all that large.

On a separate note, a plasma is probably one of the last things that I'd choose to buy from a long distance away due to their sensitivity to trasport condiditons, and potential warrantee issues should the panel prove to be defective.

To answer your questions though, I do not think you have a worry on either power or video standard. These things are built to be multi-standard as they are shipped to a wide variety of markets. The Pioneer 503-MXE that I own and is the base panel from which the other 50" Pioneers are constructed handles both USA and UK voltages as well as NTSC, PAL and SECAM.

You should ask the person selling you this panel the same questions to be certain, but I'd have much greater worries about this deal than the technical specs.

If you do proceed with this then do make sure that you pay by credit card, if that is not possible then it is a warning sign. Insist on using an escrow service and if they start talking about some clever ways of 'safely' transferring the money via Western Union or similar then don't just walk away, run :)

Mark

3. siluro

siluro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks mark, ive got to admit im was a bit wary of of it, and im trying to find out as much as poss about it, well it does seem really wierd a $18,000 screan for such a stupid price! as for waranties as far as i know its usa model only so it could be void and it would be air shiped so altitude could be a real problem.
    thanks for raising some really important issues i nearly overlooked, maybe its best to leave it well alone and just keep dreaming;)

thanks mate for possibly saving my ass

cheers
    lee