Pioneer (DVRLX60D) or Sony (RDRHXD1070) ?

sc00baru

Standard Member
The two units are relatively identical in features apart from the Sony having double the hard disk space. Maybe the Pioneer has the better picture if you have the right tv to view from ? I am aiming to consolidate all my devices into one device & the Sony / Pioneer seesm to do this for me.

The bigger hard disk is pushing me towards the Sony.

Appreciate any commenst on the two units.
Cheers Andy.

Rob20

I'm also interested in either of these, though more so in the Pioneer. Having had 2 panasonic dvd recorders, (currently the DMR85), and having had problems with the players going into check mode while copying to dvd, I'm mainly concerened with realiabilty. Not bothered about scaling as it will be connected to Onkyo's 875 amp with the Reon scaler at some point in the future, (once I have replaced my tv with something larger and 1080p res).

M

mrfreeview

The two units are relatively identical in features apart from the Sony having double the hard disk space. Maybe the Pioneer has the better picture if you have the right tv to view from ? I am aiming to consolidate all my devices into one device & the Sony / Pioneer seesm to do this for me.

The bigger hard disk is pushing me towards the Sony.

Appreciate any commenst on the two units.
Cheers Andy.

There is currently a problem with the HXD1070 if you try and record with the EPG, in that the machine intermittenly doesn't. However an OTA upgrade to resolve may be available shortly.

I hope my post has been of use :)

sc00baru

Standard Member
Thanks for the info on the Sony.
I will be looking to purchase in 2-3 weeks time so maybe a fix will be out by then :) The Pioneer looks a great buy but just put off a bit by the 250 gig drive compared to the Sony at 500 gig.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom