Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer DVR530H Setup

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Carl.F, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Carl.F

Carl.F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've Just Bought a Pioneer DVR530HS DVD Recorder and need to connect it up to. 1) Sky+. 2)VCR with 2 Scarts. 3) TV with 3 Scarts and my Yamaha Amp. but the manual only shows you how to connect it up to 2 items so I'm lost. Please can anyone help me. Also I need to buy some reasonably priced good quality Scarts leads, where would the best place to buy them from.

Thanks for your time.
    Carl

:lease:

2. davidhh77

davidhh77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try www.tvcables.co.uk for the leads.

I (and a few others) have had absolutely no success with the S-video inputs/outputs on the DVR530HS, so that leaves only the SCARTS for decent quality in/out.
    I would do the following in your position -
    SCART out from the 530 into the TV.
    Sky+ and video into a SCART switching box and thence into the SCART input on the 530.
    Optical out from the 530 to Optical input on the Yam if you have it.

Good luck!
    David

3. Carl.F

Carl.F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    David,

Thanks For the Response I will give that a go, but what about a RF Signal connecting the three. Sorry I'm a bit new to all this.

Carl.

4. davidhh77

davidhh77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Um, I would do Aerial > Sky+ > Pioneer > VCR > TV. If you are never going to record the RF signal on either the Pioneer or the VCR then you don't need to include them in the chain, and the shorter the chain the less degraded the signal. You certainly don't want to be recording from device to device via RF if you've got those lovely SCARTs in...
    David