Pioneer DVR530H and media from SVPonline

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by m0bov, Oct 29, 2005.

1. m0bov

m0bov
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking at getting some disks from svponline.co.uk in preperation for getting my 530. Can anyone suggest some disks for 16x R recording?

Should I get any DVD RAM disks? Or should I get dual layer?? I am a bit :confused:

I want to transfer footage from MiniDv camcorder to play on other DVD players, plus transfer footage from video tapes. Also I'd like to do HD to DVD.

What do you all suggest I get?

Thanks,

James

2. aka_Gilo

aka_Gilo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    DVD RAM discs will not play on the majority of stand-alone dvd players so I'd suggest using -R / RW. I use SVP for my blank media and have always had good results with Verbatim discs (not had a failure yet in probably 100+ discs).

I use RAM discs on my Toshiba XS34 to copy edited playlists to, delete the original file, then copy back to HDD to either keep or burn to -R discs in order to avoid fragmenting the HDD, though I think I could do this all on the HDD, havn't tried yet.

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    DVD-RAM discs are supported by Panasonic, JVC, Toshiba, Hitachi and Samsung dvd recorders and by the LG and Panasonic PC dvd writers. Many PC writers also support reading of DVD-RAM including the later Pioneer. Unfortunately Pioneer home dvd recorders do not support dvd-ram, which is a shame really because these discs are extremely handy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-RAM