1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR520 DVD-R won't play on other players

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by photoman, Mar 4, 2005.

1. photoman

photoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I tried burning my first DVD-R on my Pioneer last night and the results are very impressive. I had transferred two VHS tapes worht of stuff to the hard disk and decided to back them up to DVD-R so others could see them. I created the Copy List and let it get on with it, and an hour or so later it came up with the message that it had worked. I checked the disk there and then and it worked fine. I brought it into work and tried it on my PC, and all I get is a message asking me to insert a disk into the drive.

Can someone please tell me I did something wrong, because if the disks can only be read by the Pioneer itself, it is bloody stupid. So much for transferring your holiday footage or clips of the kids to DVD so they can be sent to the grandparents or whatever, if their DVD players can't read them. HELP!

2. Niburu

Niburu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there.

Silly question but have you finalised the disc?? This is required to enable any other machine to play your completed disc.
    BTW - Finalised discs can then not be written to again, so make sure you have finished with the disc.

3. photoman

photoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not a silly question, but spot on :smashin: ! I didn't finalise the disk. I just read the section in the manual about creating a Copy List and burning to DVD-R, and it didn't mention having to finalise the disk. It does mention it in the previous section and later on in the manual, but I would have thought that putting in an appropriate line of text about finalising in this section would have helped. Ah well, at least I know what I will be doing tonight.