1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Dvr420h (multiregion)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by fred the ted, Jul 6, 2005.

1. fred the ted

fred the ted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have used this recorder for 6 months, not very extensively I might add, but have this week been having a problem attempting to play pre-recorded DVD’s, both region 2 & 1, all fresh from their cellophane packaging and virgin.

The machine is taking an eternity ‘loading’ a DVD and invariably a message appears saying ’Incompatible or Unreadable Disc’ and the disc ejects.

According to the manual this message may appear if the disc is dirty or damaged. But as previously mentioned these discs are brand new and I had no problem in them playing after on my old ‘Toshiba’ DVD player. I have tried playing discs which previously I had no problem with. One or two play but the majority are now unplayable.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any idea what the fault could be?

I would also had I have been experiencing spasmodically a loud ‘whirring sound’ during playback.

2. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It sounds like the unit have gone belly up, I hope it is still under warranty.

3. fred the ted

fred the ted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is and will be going back to Richer Sounds over the weekend.