1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR420H compatitility with pc created discs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by No-One, Apr 25, 2005.

1. No-One

No-One

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Has anyone had any problems getting this player/recorder to play discs created on a pc drive? I'm using a Pioneer dual format dvd burner on my pc. I've tried creating 2 backup discs on the pc onto Sony DVD-RW discs. Both times I put them into the Pioneer to have it just display the message "Cannot play this disc". They play back fine on the pc. The strange thing is that if I do exactly the same thing on the pc but using a Philips DVD+RW (a disc that the pioneer isn't supposed to support at all) it plays the film perfectly. What's going on?

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    Not an expert on DVD writing, but this type of issue can occur when a recorded disc isn't "finalised". I gather that DVD+RW don't need it, but DVD-RW do.

3. greyhorse

greyhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

Try a dvd-r disk, these are more compatible with most home players.

4. No-One

No-One

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The -rw discs were finalised by the pc. Not got any -r discs to try. Odd thing is that when I try the discs supplied with the player called "Zero Defex" it works perfectly. The 420 can record to the sonys itself and playback what it's recorded withot any trouble.