Pioneer DVR420 HD Auto Insert of Chapters

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Lyricman, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Lyricman

Lyricman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I must be a bit thick or else I am not reading the manual correct. I record for 6 hours off the TV onto the Hdisk but cannot find a way of putting chapters or navigation markers on automatically. It says they should be inserted every 10 mins which would then make it easy to jump in 10min segments when I am editing rather than having to use FF.
    Any help would be appreciated

2. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Other than manually, you cannot get the machine to autoplace chapters on HD recordings, auto chapters just refers to DVD Video Mode (to the best of my knowledge)

Regards

3. Benfica

Benfica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On recordings done to the HDD the only way you can add chapter markers is manuallly.

You only get automatic chapter marks (10 mins or 15 mins) if you copy in real time (not high speed copy) from HDD to a DVD-R(W), or you record directly (also real time) to a DVD-R(W) in Video Mode.

Hope that helps

4. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If you press Play Mode you can type in a time to go to. I think this works in Chapter Edit as well as Play - I can't try it just now as machine is recording. Then you can insert a Chapter Mark or use the method while editing.
    It's around page 40 in the manual.