Pioneer DVR220S basic questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Nick Odgers, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Nick Odgers

Nick Odgers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have got a Pioneer DV-444 dvd player at the moment, would the 220 be as good a quality picture and sound? I also have some "home movies" on DVD+R, will it be possible to transfer these from DV-444 as 220 does not seem to play +R as far as I can see. How many scart sockets does 220 have? Any other comment from owners of 220 welcome. Thanks.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    The Pioneer 220 should be able to play your DVD+R disks provided they comply to the DVD-Video standard.

Like virtually all DVD recorders it has two scart sockets. One for RGB input, one for RGB output.

3. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I have a Pion 220, after returning my Philips DVDR75 to Richer Sounds. It plays both +R and +RW as recorded on the Philips.

RGB IN and RGB OUT using the 2 SCARTs.

4. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have had the Pioneer 220S for a nearly a month now and am delighted with it.

My 220s has replaced my Pioneer DV-454 for playback of DVD's and I would say the picture quality and sound is as good if not better than the DV-454 on my 28" widescreen JVC tv (through RGB Scart).

I couldn't comment if your playing back through a larger screen or plasma etc but on my 28" TV the 220s's playback is superb.

The Panasonic 55 seems the budget recorder of choice on these forums but I liked the Pioneers superslim design and -RW compatibility for playing recorded disks on other DVD players scattered round the house. I haven't regretted my choice - the 220s is superb !

5. Nick Odgers

Nick Odgers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks for the advice, have bought machine from Empire Direct and sound and picture using usual test disc of Eagles (Hell Freezes Over) is very good. Now to try some recording! It plays +R dvds o k.