1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer - DVR220 v DVR3100

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jonnyc1973, May 24, 2004.

1. jonnyc1973

jonnyc1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I am a bit of a novice when it comes to the features and positives/negatives of the DVD recorders out there. I have seen some very good reports for Pioneer recorders and have more or less decided to go with one of the above (I know the DVR220 is not out just yet). Cost seems to be around 270 quid for both.

Could anyone explain to me in laymans terms the relative differences between the 2 - I know the DVR3100 does not have progressive scan?? (dont know what this is) but it does have a DV input which I would appreciate as I have a DV video camera.

Any advice or comment would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has any alternatives I would appreciate your comment.

PS For info, I will be using the recorder mainly for transferring stuff from Sky plus onto disk, but hope to also use it to put recordings from my video camera onto DVD.

Thanks again

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    I'm interested in one of the 2 new DVD recorders that Pioneer will be releasing in June. Info here
    I think the main difference is that the new ones (DVR220 and DVR320) will have RGB in which means that it should be better quality recording. Avland have info about them and say that stock is due in June.
    Has anyone seen any advance reviews on these yet ?

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    I've just noticed that Avland have 2 new Pioneer HDD/DVD recorders due in at the end of June. Things are starting to look interesting now :)