1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-720H problem?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mulle711, Feb 6, 2005.

1. mulle711

mulle711

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, ok so I got myself the player, works as I suspected very good!
    So I had this old family tape from my uncles graduation, previously recored from a BETA 8 to a VCR and now I wanted to do a digital backup of it. There was no problem recording it from the VCR to the pioneer HD and after I had burned it out to a DVD-R I thought great, now I have it in a digital copy now so the chances are small that we will lose this old recordning from the mid 60's.

Anyways, I thought I might aswell make a copy on the PC to, better be sure as anything could happen.. and here is my problem, it seems that I can't read or play the DVD's I burn with my pioneer on my PC, is this intended or am I missing something?

And yes, I do have a DVD player in my PC, both a normal player and a DVD recorder.

2. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Did you finalise the DVD-R? Unfinalised DVD-R/RW can usually only be read by the machine they were written on.
    Also the Pioneers have a back up facility that may make the copy you want - page 74 in manual.

3. mulle711

mulle711

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah there we go, finilizing it did the trick. Thanks alot, it works like a charm now. Guess I didnt read the manual as good as I thought I did :blush: