Pioneer DVR 720 Region Hack

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by jnl, Jul 13, 2004.

1. jnl

jnl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought the Pioneer DVR 720 H. Great machine. Now the only thing I miss is a region hack to view all my US DVDs. Any idea ?
    Thanks in advance.

2. ashtongate

ashtongate
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry, no help with region hack.. But can i ask where you purchased and how much - want to upgrade my 3100

3. jnl

jnl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I bought my DVR-720 in France over the internet for about 950 Euros at www.rueducommerce.fr. I'm very happy with it so far (in particular with the 160 mb hard drive). However I miss experience as this is my first DRD R. So I'm quite excited about the whole thing. My only trouble is to make it zone free. Couldn'd find any hack so far.

4. Mikey45

Mikey45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks - I've also just bought my first DVD recorder (Pioneer 720H) and it's great!!

I paid £580 for it 3 weeks ago (from HiWay HiFi) although I notice that they are currently advertising it for £749 :(
    I asked them to make it multi region for me which they kindly did - I believe this involves them loading a DVD ROM with the required firmware update for the drive so I guess it doesn't really cost them anything extra once they have the disk. It does allow them to charge a premium for MR as opposed to R2 for those willing to pay another 20 or 30 quid!

Have to say that I've been very pleased with the performance although I'm not sure I have it connected up in optimal fashion to my modest Toshiba widescreen set and NTL cable box. Checking through the forums for advice!

5. PepeDuran

PepeDuran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody tell me if the Pioneer 720H does progressive scan in PAL, and also how fast is the fast forward ??
    I live in Australia and have a Pioneer 510H, the 720 isnt being released until October here.
    My 510 does progressive in NTSC which is obviously useless to me. Also my fast forward on the 510 is x4 and I thought I saw that the fast forward on the 720 is ONLY x1.5.
    Can anybody confirm that for me.
    Thanks.. :clap:

6. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,268
    The region hack for the new Pioneer DVD recorders is a disc based software one. We received a copy from Pioneer just the other day. Speak to the dealer you bought it from who should be able to hack it for you. If you bought it online, well I guess thats the price you pay fo not using your local deale.r

7. Marsbarbabe

Marsbarbabe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Has anyone got a copy of this region hack disc they could let me have
    please?

Thanks
    MBB