1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR 720 H Compatability query

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Paul Bates, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Paul Bates

Paul Bates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pioneer DVR 720 H which I use to record tv programmes on. It works great, but although I finalise each DVD after recording I am unable to play back the programmes on my other DVD player, which is a Pioneer DV-U7.
    Am I doing something wrong here?

Paul B

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Your Pioneer should be able to play your media fine - so there is obviously a problem. What media are you using? If it is DVD-R then it should work. If DVD-RW then you need to ensure you are using Video mode and not VR mode.

3. Paul Bates

Paul Bates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your advice. I use DVD-RW. Switching to video mode does the trick. At the risk of sounding dim, is there any way to salvage the stuff I'd already recorded (via VR mode) so that I can play those discs on other machines or do I need to start from scratch?

Thanks again.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    You can dub them back to the HDD of your 720 and then dub to a Video formatted DVD-RW.

5. Paul Bates

Paul Bates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks once more, you know how it is, sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees!