Pioneer DVR-645H-S & Win Media Player issue

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by magus75, Apr 18, 2007.

1. magus75

magus75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

May i ask if anyone had problem playing your recorded disc using the a/m recorder in Windows Media Player (all versions) ????

I experienced my finalised dvd-r disc from the 645H-S unable to playback on Window Media Player. On the contrary, this disc can plays on Nero Showtime, Sonic and WinDVD etc.....as well all external DVD players but not in Windows Media Player......Sigh.......

Anyone care to advice what can I should do if i insists that such recorded DVD-R using 645H-S must be playback in Windows Media Player ??

I contacted Microsoft and they claimed that its Pioneer codecs problem......

Thanks in advance...

Cheers:hiya:

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Hi

Windows Media player doesn't really handle DVDs. It will play them only if you have a third party codec installed that works with Media Player. This probably what you don't have.

Regards

Phil

3. magus75

magus75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Philip,

Thanks for ya prompt response! I fully agree that Windows Media Player dun really play DVD well as its not meant for DVD playback unless other 3rd party codecs is installed. however, I managed to play most kinds of DVDs in Media Player 9 & 11 for the pasts years without any problems. To add further, these DVDs were captured, edited and authored under PC conditions. Even original DVDs bought from the shelves can be playable too.

Ever since i burn DVD using Pioneer DVR-645H-S, such playback in Window Media Player are no longer possible. ALL dvds burnt frm such recorder willl not be playable except on external DVD player and Nero, Roxio, Ulead, Sonic media player with own dvd codec built-in are playable.

I realised that there's only one VIDEO_TS folder found in DVDs burnt frm Pioneer DVR645H-S whereas other conventional recorder like NERO would create both AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS. Could this be the cause of Windows Media Player unable to recognise the Pioneer recorded format ???

As most of my clients uses Windows Media Player as their default DVD playback player though Microsoft claimed otherwise that DVDs are not playable in Windows Media Player unless 3rd party codecs are installed.

Thus, i would need to stick to Window Media Player playback compactabilty. I installed 'KCodec' (a free dvd codec) which was recommeneded by Microsoft but was in vain. I tried nvidia dvd decoder but sad to say, still the same.....sigh!

Whatever comes out frm the 645H-S recorder would definitely unable to playback in Window Media Player...I wonder if there's some special codec which Pioneer used to encode their DVDs, could be the cause of my issue...

Anyway, thanks Philip once again for sharing ur thoughts wif me. I hope to resolve this real soon....

Cheers.

4. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,367
    Use the Windows XP Video decoder checkup utility, if you do not have it, get it from Microsoft.com. It allows you to change the Video codec, mine is set to Nero Video decoder.

5. magus75

magus75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Bro but I set mine to NVIDIA Video Decoder & Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD&) also cannot.....the product of DVR-645H-S still unplayable in my Windows Media Player 11.

Just some updates, the Pioneer agent called me and they also tried burning a DVD using the same DVR 645H-S recorder and tried play it on their Windows Media Player. Their result is the same as mine.........Arrgh....

Cheers...