Pioneer DVR 533 HS - will it record on 8x DVD-R's?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by JoeSomebody, Sep 9, 2007.

1. JoeSomebody

JoeSomebody

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I purchased a batch of Taiyo Yuden DVD-R's today, and I picked 8x instead of 14x (not having any idea what the difference is). The Maxell DVD-R's that I also have and used for a few years say up to 16x on them. I have the Pioneer DVR-533HS but I don't know if the TY disks will work with them because of the 8x or whatever. I have no idea what this all means, so could you let me know if I'm made a dumb choice and need to return the TY 8x disks for 14x or 16x or whatever? Also, these have silver tops whereas the other type of TY DVD-R's had white tops. What's the diff or is there a better between the two?

Thanks!

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    They should work on the Pioneer.

I presume these were the Datasafe 8x Taiyo Yuden discs purchased from SVP and which are using the TYG02 dye.

The Panasonic 1~16x DVD-R Taiyo Yuden using the TYG03 dye may have been a better choice. Difference in price for the 100 spindle tubs is approx 16p as against 20p each per disc but I now note that the Panasonic 100 tubs are currently out of stock.

I purchased a full box of the latter from SVP quite recently. That's 600 discs.

http://svp.co.uk/products-list.php?cid=118

3. JoeSomebody

JoeSomebody

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't understand your reply whatsoever (not a technical person), however, I purchased them at MemoryExpress.com. If you type DVD-R it will pull up a list which includes the TY spindle I bought.

4. anna the dub

anna the dub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yes, your 8x's will work. The machine will record on discs up to 16x, so 4x, 8x and 16x will all work.

5. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Sorry, my link wouldn't mean anything to you. I assumed you were based in the UK, not Canada.