Pioneer DVR-530H used with a switch box

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by salvador, Mar 10, 2006.

1. salvador

salvador
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody now how to connect the DVR-530H to a switch box?

I have the following equipment:

Sony TV KV...something connected to a Quintro+ switch box.

And an old Grundi Sky receiver, an Arion AF-S1700E satellite receiver and now the Pioneer DVD recorder, all three connected to the switch box.

The Switch box is connected to the AV2/L1 on the DVD recorder and I can record from both satellites receivers, however, when I'm looking at the AV2/L1 channel, say after finishing in Guide +, the screen gets distorted, like if it was interfearing with another signal.

I don't know if this is the correct way of connecting this recorder but I would be interested to hear from anybody that uses a switch box with this recorder or perhaps another DVD recorder.

Thanks in advance.

Salvador

2. JB38

JB38

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Just to confirm when you state "switch box", are you referring to a box that has an actual "manual" selector switch on the side to changeover between the two satellite receiver inputs? If it isn't, then that could well be the reason for your problem.

Also, does your Sony TV only have one scart? as I cant see how you can record from one Sat box and also view the other whilst doing this.

Maybe you could advise on this.

3. salvador

salvador
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply.

I think I should have included a link to the switch box itself :) http://www.keene.co.uk/cgi-bin/codesearch.pl?BT945

With this box you can in fact record from both satellites receivers and also from a VCR if it was still connected.

My TV has two scarts but since I got the box I only use one, the RGB one.

So, the RGB one is connected to the switch box, and when sky receiver is active in the switch box ( I'm watching Sky) I can also record Sky channel at this point. However, if I make active the recorder AV2/L1 I get a distorted screen. If I use a menu on the recorder or watch a recording, all is fine but when the recording is finished or I came out of the menu then the screen is distorted.

With the box, you can also lock it on recording Sky and you can carry on watching terrestial channels or FTV channels on the satellite receiver.

I hope that clarifies a litte the problem I have.

Salvador

4. salvador

salvador
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Totally by accident I found the solution to my problem :D

I just need to lock the switch box to either satellite receiver otherwise you get the signal from both satellites receivers simultaneously. I was puzzled with this because I did not get this effect with the VCR.

I'm happy now and the DVD recorder works a dream :D

Salvador