Pioneer DVR-530H-S

domingo

Standard Member
Hi, My first post here I am ready to by the ( Pioneer DVR-530H-S ) but need some advice first.

1.should I wait for the new models and how long that would be ? .

2.does this unit come with digital tunner ? .

3.Is buying multi region the same as remote hack ?

4.I have a PIONEER PDP506XDE would this be the best player to go with ? .

5.where the cheapest price to get, littlewood out of stock.

Many Thanks in advance.

Domingo

pjskel

domingo said:
1.should I wait for the new models and how long that would be ? .

2.does this unit come with digital tunner ? .

3.Is buying multi region the same as remote hack ?

4.I have a PIONEER PDP506XDE would this be the best player to go with ? .

5.where the cheapest price to get, littlewood out of stock.

1. Nothing new coming until late Summer (August/Sept). Anything being introduced soon will be the new Full HD TV and BR player.
2. Nope, RF (analogue only)
3. No idea how MR is achieved
4. Not necessarily, check out a few others (Sony HXD710 [digital tuner only] and JVC DR-MH300 [RF only]) first to see how they look. The Pioneer has a nice feature for setting up the picture with various tweaks not found in others, but then that would have to assume the feature is of benefit to you or not. Again, try before you buy is my moto.
5. Try www.pricerunner.co.uk - generally the best. Also try uk.shopping.com and froogle.co.uk

Can you play MP3 files off the hardrive with these?

Costas

Domingo

You can buy multiregion for no more than £10. You cannot hack it by each own remote. If you buy R2 you cam modify by using something like a Philips Pronto. See www.dvdchips.co.uk but then you will spend a little more than actually buying a multiregion from the start.

It will go well with the 506XDE although an HDMI connected or dedicated DVD palyer will be even better (DVR-930, DV-868 or DV989)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom