1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR 530h-s video cable setup

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sibod, Jul 13, 2005.

1. sibod

sibod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Got my LX direct discounted DVR530 yesterday. Been wiring the thing up, and now I have a couple of questions.

Does anyone know how I can get video passthrough when the Pio is switched off? So far it just cuts off all the signal from the Sky box when it's off. I have to wire up another SCART to the video out on my SKY for this.

Slightly as an aside, - how fast has everyone found the HI SPEED copy function? Copying 2 hrs of DVD video to a new disk.

2. liamdens

liamdens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got a DVR-420 and Im guessing it is similar. On mine in order for pass through to work when the recorder is off the powersave function has to be set to off in the "initial setup" menu.

3. Steve Rollings

Steve Rollings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a pass through facility (I think its in the last set of items on the setup menu), but it definitely does not work if your output is component. I use component to a Iscan HD + and it does not work if the Pio is switched off, I am going to try a Scart to component + sync later

Steve

4. sibod

sibod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That'll be it. I set PowerSave on mine - so I will turn that off.

Does ayone else have problems with Aspect settings on Sky?

5. liamdens

liamdens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good!

In what way?

6. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I don't have Sky, but I assume you are questioning why you don't get automatic A/R switching on Sky recordings.
    I think this is the reply:

1. There are two ways in which A/R info is carried: (a) scart Pin 8, (b) line 23 of the picture scan (off screen)

2. Line 23 in an international standard which broadcasters, TV and DVD makers use. Pin 8 is a scart-only thing, so only applies in Europe. DVDs are generally built to international standards. It's a sop to Europe to fit scarts.

3. TVs in Europe mostly accept both methods, so direct input to the TV from Sky is OK.

4. Sky send A/R info from STBs on Pin 8 only. So your 530 doesn't recognise it. You will have to set your TV manually by program unless you have short fat people on 4:3 programs (TV in 'Widescreen') or tall thin ones on 16:9 programs (TV in 4:3).

4. On the off-chance that the 530 does 'read' pin 8 coding, try pressing the TV/DVD button on your remote (lower RH corner) and make sure you have DVD mode set.

There is a device that will take the scart/pin8 signal and put the appropriate code in line 23. It's about £60 I think http://www.amcro.co.uk/wss208.htm