1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-530/630 Widescreen Recording

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by xrkt77, Jul 21, 2005.

1. xrkt77

xrkt77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    If i record a 16:9 film from say ITV onto the harddrive in VR mode (which records the widescreen flag). I then edit all of the adverts out.

If i then copy it back onto a DVD in Video mode, Will the widescreen flag be
    preserved so that my TV recognises the 16:9 signal & automatically switches to wide?

Pioneer say that this will happen, however i have my doubts.

Thanks

2. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    It will be OK providing you do not exceed the SP time band - see table at the end of the manual p 116. I think that is 170 mins (MN12) on the 530.

3. xrkt77

xrkt77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    When i originally spoke to Pioneer they advised if i recorded onto the harddrive in VR mode, edited the adverts out & then dubbed back onto DVD in video mode, the widescreen flag would be preserved.

They have since contradicted themselves as when i e-mailed them with my original question, they stated

"If you use the exact same bit rate (data transfer rate) and do not do any editing then it should work out the way you are looking for"

When i queried the bit about not editing

"The widescreen mode will not be automatically recorded onto the disc if you carry out editing"

Has anybody got a 530/630 machine & tried the above as i am getting mixed messages

Thanks

4. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    This may help, but adjust the SP 'boundaries' for the 530:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157301&highlight=aspect+ratio