Pioneer DVR-5100H-S - New features ! Wouldn't that be great ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Benfica, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Benfica

Benfica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, after using for a while my Pioneer DVR-5100H-S, I found out somethings that I would like to have on it. And I've mail them to Pioneer Europe.

Here is my mail:

"Being an owner of a Pioneer DVR-5100H-S recorder, and being watching your European web site, I found something there that I must say pleased me very much to see:
    "Pioneer understands the value of your opinion. This site gives you the opportunity to communicate how you as a customer feel about Pioneer as a brand, its products or services."

So, taking this in consideration, and the product mentioned above, I would like to express my opinion regarding some improvements that me (and for sure, a lot of people that have bought this recorder or is considering to) would very much appreciate to see on it.

I assume that these new functionalities would be only at firmware / software level, and could be upgraded by all the owners of these recorders merely inserting a CD with the respective new FW/SW that even could be downloaded from your web site.

New functionalities that would be very much appreciated:

1- In the finalisation of a DVD-R/RW in Video Mode, would be great to have predefined menus to cover 1 or 2 titles, instead of having the limitation of one menu predefined to handle a minimum of 3 titles that looks odd when having just 1 or 2 titles;

2- In the finalisation of a DVD-R/RW in Video Mode, would be great to have the ability of changing the background of the menu with a still picture captured from a certain title;

3- In the finalisation of a DVD-R/RW in Video Mode, would be great to have the possibility to define that a particular DVD when starting playing should begin with the Title Main Menu, instead of starting playing the first title in the DVD-R/RW;

4- In the finalisation of a DVD-R/RW in Video Mode, would be great to have the possibility to define that after playing a title it could return automatically to the Title Main Menu, instead of start playing the next title;

5- In the finalisation of a DVD-R/RW in Video Mode, would be great to have the possibility to add an Audio track (recorded from a inserted CD or from audio inputs) that would play while we were in the Main Title Menu of that DVD;

Perhaps is asking too much. And perhaps it isn't. What I can honestly say is that as this world goes around and around, new products from your competitors appears in the market with some (or maybe all) of these features, that certainly are very well appreciated by people that buys and uses stand alone DVD recorders. Just watch some of the discussion that happens in some Worldwide Forums on these subjects, and you will see what people say.

Hope that what is stated in your web site is true, and that Pioneer understands the value of our opinion.

Pioneer DVR-5100H-S is, in my opinion, a very good DVD recorder. With these new features mentioned above, it would be the greatest among all !

Hope to hear from you.

Best regards,"

I've send it to 'info@pioneer-eur.com'.

And here is the reply I've got some hours after:

"
    First of all, thank you for your interest in our products.

We here at Pioneer Europe took note of your remarques and suggestions. It is very pleasing when someone takes a deeper look at our products. Because Pioneer wants to develop the best and most suitable appliciances the customers' opinion is of great value. Therefor I foward your remarques to our engineers. I think you can also expect an answer from them.

I wish you a good weekend.

Kind regards,
    Karen Goossens - Pioneer Europe

Best regards,
    "

"

So, if you would like to have these new features as well, please mail to the sepecified e-mail of Pioneer requesting them. Just one of us can't do anything, but if we are a lot, maybe we will be lucky.

Let's wait & see !

Best regards