1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer DVR-510 bigger Hard disk ??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kacang, Jun 19, 2004.

1. kacang

kacang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, has anyone figured out how to put a bigger hard disk in the pioneer DVR-510 already. I saw on some web site that there is a company in US that will change the HD on a DVR-810, but wondering if someone has already figured out how to do this on the 510 ?

cheers,

erick

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,214
    The DVR-810 is the US TivO/DVDR combo and thus upgrading the HDD on that unit is a very different issue to upgrading the HDD on a 'normal' HDD/DVDR combo.

Like Panasonic, Toshiba, JVC and the rest, Pioneer have a vested interest in ensuring you cannot upgrade the size of the HDD without buying the new models. AFAIK the HDD on the 5100 is inter-changeable with other, suitable, HDD but will only recognise 80GB of the drive thus making an upgrade pointless.

3. kacang

kacang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    rasczak, thanks, I knew that the 810 is tivo enabled :), but they also usually charge mega bucks more for a tivo with a bigger HD. If they have been able to hack to 810 why not the 510. In both cases I am sure pioneer would have put protecting measures on it.

SO I am still left wondering...

erick

4. kacang

kacang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone bump