Pioneer DVR - 440HX-S Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Gezzerboy, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Gezzerboy

Gezzerboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Panny 440HX recorderd and totally love. Had it for just over 1 yr but all of a sudden it has stopped responding to the remote.

I though the remote was damaged so replaced batteries and then bought a new universal remote but it fails to respond. It starts up plays disks turns off all from manual controls but i obviously need guide and record options to work.

Totally gutted. Does anyone have any ideas.

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,093
    Welcome to the forum.

Surely that is a Pioneer machine not Panasonic.

I am not familiar with Pioneer machines, but normally DVDR's have an optional 2 or 3 remote codes so that more than one machine can be controlled in the same room.

If the unit possesses this feature, it is possible that the main unit's code has been inadvertently switched.
    Have a look in the manual to see if you can find out whether such facilities exist and how to change the code of either the machine or the remote so that they match.

Alternatively, and probably recommendable, reset the machine to factory condition and it should respond to one of your controls.
    If it does not, then it is reasonable so suppose the unit has a fault.
    Not likely to be an expensive one to put right.

3. Gezzerboy

Gezzerboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes your right apologies dont know what i was thinking.

I have done a hard reset on the player but still no good. Just wont respond to the remote. I know the remote works though as my universal remote picks it up when learning.

Anyone know where i could get this repaired

4. Tony Lazzerini

Tony Lazzerini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Pioneer's website has a list of authorised service centres. Pick the one nearest you and give them a call. If the unit is less than a year old it will be repaired FOC.

Tony