Pioneer DVR-420H - Is This Really How It Is Supposed To Work?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by liamdens, Jul 10, 2005.

1. liamdens

liamdens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So there I am, sitting watching Sky (sky connected to dvd connected to tv) and have the dvd set to record an analogue TV programme in 15 minutes. The 15 minutes goes by and *bang* I'm now watching whatever channel the analogue TV was left on. I have to jump off the sofa and hit the scart pass-through to carry on watching Sky whilst the dvd records.

It seems so damn clunky!

(1) Why cant the DVD just know something is going though the scart pass-through so just leave it there.

(2) At least have a pass though button on the remote.

Are other DVD/HD machines the same? This is my first machine and I like it but starting to find the above a wee bit irritating!

2. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have a 420 and the pass-thru on the machine is a bit clumsy. Maybe it was an afterthought. If there is a clash I find I tend to watch the analogue on the TV and record the digital more often than not.

3. liamdens

liamdens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, again! You have provided me with some good answers to questions about the pioneer and guessed you may comment on this.

I would record as you say but our analogue reception is not very good so prefer to do it the other way around.

I just can't fathom why Pioneer would think the pass-through would be an afterthought.

Does the new 530 have pass-through on the remote? Anyone know?

I like new kit but at the same time hate it as there is always this period of adjustment.